Secondary Effect Enhancer.

Reaction score
    What about a secondary effect enhancer. Something that works like a factory enhancer, but for secondary effects only and as a multiplier. trading power for effect, but limited so that you can only use a number of cubes equal to the number of effect modules you have, and limited to the secondary effects of an effect module. 1 effect and 1 enhancer would be useless, 2 effect and 2 enhancer would give you the same effect as 4 effect, but 3x3 and up would show much more effectiveness on secondary effects.

example you want to build a ant-grav for a ship 1000 mass which as I understand it would require half of it to be the anti-grav system. rather than putting 500 of that mass into stop effects you could put 100 into stop effect, 10 into enhancers, pay the 10x energy cost and have a ship that is not 50% anti-grav.

Or you want to build an afterburner same deal, drop 10 push, 10 enhancers and get 100x push at 10x the cost for 10 push. You get the 100 push for the same cost as 100 push, but with only 20 blocks. the limit of 1:1 max would keep you from putting 5 push and 10 enhancers to try and get 50 push power for 15 cubes so you would max out at 5x5.

Reaction score
    I don't really care for this idea. There is no downside for reducing the amount of blocks you use, which means you'd save money and space with nothing lost. That makes no sense. If you were to do this I could see having to pay more energy than the default block configuration, but not the same.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    This is literally an effect block for the effect block...

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The reason you need a set % of your ship to be effect modules is for balance reasons. It's to prevent do everything ships that switch from bonus shields to bonus hull armour while still housing a jump drive, push-logic thrust replacement, anti-grav abilities and then radar jam because it was still small enough.
    Something like an overdrive for effects (3x the effect, 6x the power) might be interesting, as that would be an option people would use, rather then a straight up "This is exactly the same but better".

But that's just my opinion o -o

Reaction score
    I don't really care for this idea. There is no downside for reducing the amount of blocks you use, which means you'd save money and space with nothing lost. That makes no sense. If you were to do this I could see having to pay more energy than the default block configuration, but not the same.
    well it is more of a suggestion not a full concept. I have no problem paying more energy for their use either, but having to make half the ship out of stop effects just to get close enough to pinpoint mine is a bit intense on the down side as it is, the idea was to try and balance that part out a little without making the end result the same, a system that is next to useless and better left out entirely.

Something like an overdrive for effects (3x the effect, 6x the power) might be interesting, as that would be an option people would use, rather then a straight up "This is exactly the same but better".
    This idea is also appealing as far as that goes. My concern is trying to build a better mining shuttle not the next world killer. Though I can see how such a thing could be abused.

Reaction score
    Even if there was a power penalty I don't like the idea. My take on things is if you want to make a Weapon heavy or effect heavy ship, you need to make it big or you need to loose the room. Its the same with cloaking ships. You either need to make a ship with most of the hull made out of batteries or make a big shell to house the giant battery. Discounting the space taken would make it easier to be used more often. Same thought with this block reduction. While the effect components are only up to 1/3 of the total weapon (or 100% of the stand alone effect) its still meant to take up that room.

But its a creative solution for saving space. Props out to the idea, just not my thing