Second Small Ship Competition!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'll put in these three to class III free :)

All 3 are based of the same chassis at 27X10X31

Name: Goliath Navy Issue Fighter
    Division: Free
    Class: III

Download Link:
    http://starmadedock.net/content/goliath-navy-issue-fighter.2958/

Name: Salamander Recon Fighter
    Division Free
    Class III

Download Link:
    http://starmadedock.net/content/salamander-recon-fighter.2957/

Name: Goliath Heavy Fighter
    Division: Free
    Class: III

Download Link:
    http://starmadedock.net/content/goliath-heavy-fighter.2959/

Reactions: Nauvran and Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Considering the front 50% of the ship is decoration I'm not sure I understand why...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Considering the front 50% of the ship is decoration I'm not sure I understand why...
    I haven't started shooting them open yet, it just looked like it might have been a tarted up doom box. Thanks for clarifying.
    It's accepted.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    My apologies to everyone who has thus far entered ships into the contest or wishes to enter, as I had school and then went abroad for 3 weeks. I am now at home and ready to begin judging. Let the games begin!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    May need to upgrade my vipers since the recent updates messed with power and weapons

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    My apologies to everyone who submitted ships to this competition for taking so long to post the results. I am going to declare it closed, with a final score as follows:
    No combat took place in the Volumetric division, not enough ships were entered for there to be any matchups.
    Therefore, by dint of them not having competitors, the victors in Classes I and III respectively are the Dread and the Fear.
    In Free division, lots more combat took place.
    Class I saw no entrants, so nothing happened.
    Class II saw the Soul Drone from keptick take its second straight victory, edging past the SMMF by one victory out of seven contests. Well done!
    Class III, I got a bit lazy. Considering the plethora of entrants from the Goliath Navy, I put the three of them into a runoff, with the Heavy (unsurprisingly) surviving every fight it was put into (by the skin of its teeth on several occasions). The Recon variant came second in the runoff.
    I then fought through the Class III tournament using the Goliath Navy Heavy, the Viper, and the Scion. The Viper, probably due to its skinny nose taking up a lot of the dimension allowance, got broken in half with alarming regularity. It lost. I then ran it off against the Goliath Navy Recon for the Consolation Prize, in which the Recon unfortunately proved to be more than capable of delivering a can of whoop-ass direct to the Viper's engine superstructure. Repeatedly. Class III Consolation Prize: Goliath Navy Recon. Class III I-Feel-Really-Bad-For-It Prize: Viper.
    The Scion and Goliath Heavy squared off in a best-of-seven matchup which saw the Scion and Goliath both do exceedingly well. It went back-and-forth, with the only deciding factor in the contest seeming to be my piloting rather than the AI's. Therefore, I announce the first-ever tie for first place in my competitions.

Congratulations to keptick , jzimmerman4 , Doom Lord , iceman6491 , lilFishy , and my regrets to SuperWookie .
    Thank you all for entering!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah I didn't expect it to win, I still haven't gotten around to redoing it after all the new updates.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This was done using an old version. Current for about mid-July 2015. Even without updates and everything, that skinny nose took away too much interior volume. Looks grand though.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ah okay yeah, it would've been better in a block count fight I guess seeing as it has a shape that doesn't take up much of its dimensional area.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Exactly. Props to you though, my attempt at a viper ended up being blocky, ugly as sin, and utter crap

Reactions: SuperWookie
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Well I must admit I had forgotten about this. Thanks for posting the results :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I think it would have been nice if you snowballed my ships into the other competitions since there were no competitors. I think some config changes made one of my ships unable to use its missiles anyways, oh well.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The volumetric classes turn out to be shrimpy compared to the relevant free classes. That was kind of deliberate. Either way, you got two prizes...
    And their missiles worked fine. I was using an older version to test these