SD KB Missiles

Reaction score
    Change the SD KB missile targeting so that they dont target allied ships or ships docked to the ship firing the missile!

Reaction score
    They\'re seekers they are going to do that, use the \"dumb\" or \"smart\" missiles if you dont want your missiles to back fire on you or your allies.

Reaction score
    In that case, they should be given some sort of advantage over the other two missile systems. Why use this pieces of crap when they are inferior to both other missile types? As to your argument about them being \"heatseekers\" and \"dumb\"... then why don\'t they just turn around and instantly explode your own ship, as it is the closest target - also, why do they target the CORE and not the THRUSTERS, where the heat is generated?

I personally don\'t mind the friendly fire, as it helps (gameplay wise) keep them on smaller fighters, thus keeping the game more balance - but I think something should be added to the missiles - making them faster, have a small amount of shield pentration, and have significantly reduced hull destruction (apparently Schema has fixed that today, at least in part, but I have yet to test). Then add the ability for missiles to be shot down by auto-turrets, and heatseekers will become very useful, powerful weapons on up-close Fighters.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    For me they are broken because when I have a target 300m away from me the rockets will go to the store 900m away that is right behind me. I think they should be program to target what is infront of them and have a view to the front in a 90 degree angle.

Reaction score
    Use one. King\'s Blood missiles do not lock onto ships in the same faction as the ship that fired them. At least they\'re not supposed to. Using faction protection is the quickest, simplest way to prevent friendly fire with heat-seekers.

Reaction score
    Terramort had a great idea, they SHOULD target the engines, or maybe the could even target missiles? think about it, heat seekers follow a certain heat source which is noticible by it\'s difference from everything around it, flares distract these kinds of missiles, and what are normal missiles but flares with explosives? they could be changed to very low damage but high speed to catch incoming enemy missiles and destroy them before they reach your ship

Reaction score
    they still go for my turrets even though I and my turrets have faction blocks. and yes they are active.

Reaction score
    I think they should when fired act as dumbfire missiles for the first 20% of the distance then switch to heat seeking. this way they wont hit your own ship.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Trust me. Schema has that on his list of Things to Do, but it isn\'t the highest thing so it might be a few patches.

Until then, sit tight and use SD-BB\'s.