ScyTech Mining & Engineering (STEM)

Reaction score
    We are a neutral, non-military corporation focused on Mining, Manufacturing, and Shipbuilding.

Mining: Minerals are the lifeblood of Starmade. Without the stuff extracted from asteroids and planets, there wouldn't be much to do.

Manufacturing: Since raw materials aren't terribly useful to anyone, they should be processed into more useful components to be sold to other players.

Shipbuilding: Let's face it, building your own ship isn't that hard. But when you want a ship that's 400 blocks long and can demolish a space station, it's much easier to let someone else do it.

If you're good at these three tasks, post some pictures of your mining rig, factory, or obnoxiously overpowered battlecruiser, and we'll talk it out.

Edit: Since player-made items cannot be bought and sold between players, the focus of this company, until further game updates, will be starship design.

Our server IP is 74.128.76.13:4242. Only serious applicants will be added to the whitelist. If you cannot connect, message me your in-game name and I will make sure you are added!

http://starmade-servers.com/server/82/

After some unwanted griefing, member's names will not be publicized.

Fly safe.

-Logoscyth, ScyTech CEO.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Greetings and welcome, fellow workers for a brighter tomorrow!
    It\'s interesting that you pick right now as the time to pop up and start recruiting, as the balance between PvE/PvP and mining is really wonky unless you have a huge dedicated mining rig that makes short work of asteroids or planets... Then it becomes wildly lucrative.
    Hopefully the mob loot will be rebalanced and shops will run out of local supplies, meaning people will be wanting your supplies and would be willing to pay competitive prices!

Reaction score
    You\'re right on the money. Until player or faction-run stores are implemented, there\'s not much purpose to a mining corp. Because of this, I intend to focus on shipbuilding, particularly the \"huge dedicated mining rigs\" you mentioned. Think along the lines of the Orca mining carrier from EVE Online.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Wel, while you are neutral with other clans, everything will be all good ^^

Welcome arround, STEM (even though it should\'ve been STME ? ).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello Logoscyth im interested in joining your corporation :) sadly I only recently found this game and I am fairly new to it tho i learn quick and have loads of ideas for ship designs.

~ Cadawyn

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would love to join, just a server ip and an invite and i will be there in a minute.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello STEM! I would like to join your corp.

I am best at mining for resources, though I can do whatever you need me to.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I also just recently started playing this game and this faction looks pretty fun to get into, Just PM me.

Reaction score
    I would absolutely love to join this faction! I do not yet have the game but hopefully will soon!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What sever was this organization going to be based in? I would definitely like to be a member of a generally neutral faction such as this. I don\'t believe we will really get off of the ground until the devs implement some form of trade though.

Reaction score
    Another Ship

Just Two of Many ships i\'ve built. They\'re old, but it doesn\'t mean I can\'t build good ships anymore.

Good in all 3 fields.

Throwing my name in the hat.

Reaction score
    I\'ve got sod all to do until spacestation diagnostics engineer a thing one can actually do, so I wouldn\'t mind being a pilot, I\'ve also got a good friend who adores boring through planets with some of his dodgy-though-efficient mining rigs

Update: I\'d quite like to add that I adore building small scale, stealthy fighters, though I\'ve never had the resources to actually do it properly, so if I\'m supplied with enough electronic bits and wedges, I\'m able to make quite good ships.

Reaction score
    Hello to everyone who\'s interested in joining ScyTech!

My apologies for not replying sooner, I haven\'t been active for a while, and I only recently realized how popular StarMade has become due to the Yogscast\'s video on it.

Now to business. First and foremost, we need to decide on a server to use; one that\'s not so crowded that we\'ll worry about being griefed all the time, one that\'s fast enough for all of our users, and one that\'s actively being taken care of. We should start here: http://starmade-servers.com/. If anyone has a server they recommend, please mention it.

Secondly, there\'s the matter of sorting through everyone who\'s interested! I\'ll be sending out messages over the next few days, so please be patient, I\'ll get back to everyone who\'s posted something.

Finally, thanks again to everyone who\'s interested. Let\'s do something awesome.

Fly safe.

-Logoscyth

Reaction score
    If you\'ll take some one a new at SM like me I\'ll join:) I\'m a good-ich pilot and a not so good builder if needed