Salvage beams on drones don't pick up any blocks (am I doing something wrong or is it a bug)

Reaction score
    Before I post this as bug I need to be sure I'm not doing something wrong. I made a small ship (drone) with salvage beams. When I control it manually and fire the salvage beams they work fine, pick up blocks and put them in the ships storage automatically. Then I put the drone in a fleet with a carrier and ordered the fleet to mine the sector. This is where the problems start.

1. Drone face-slams the asteroid.
    2. Goes back a bit.
    3. Fires the salvage beams
    4. Beams do nothing

The beams are visible but don't do anything. It's like they stop mid mining at a certain percentage. The grid/mesh shows up on the blocks and shrinks a little bit but then stops. Block never get picked up. The drone has enough power and storage, faction block, AI module (which can see in front of itself) and other necessary bits. I would like to post the blueprint of the drone and a screenshot of it (not) working but I don't know how.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    just upload a file (sment, zip-archive) from your blueprints folder.

How many salvage beams do you have used? Try it with 5-15 first, if it still happens, it might be a bug.
    Make sure you have the right to salvage the object, some stations have protection against it.

Reaction score
    just upload a file (sment, zip-archive) from your blueprints folder.

How many salvage beams do you have used? Try it with 5-15 first, if it still happens, it might be a bug.
    Make sure you have the right to salvage the object, some stations have protection against it.
    Thank you. I forgot to mention that this is my third generation of mining drones. The previous 2 versions worked fine. Try it if you have time and if the same thing happens to you I'll post a bug report.

Attachments

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Try it out on a different server. From what I've noticed server-side fleet commands break at random and might start again with a restart.
    It sounds like you've got the c-v chain of core->salvage comp -> storage the right way. So fleet-ai giving the dog some love would be my bet.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Drone mining works, and fairly well these days. It does still have a few bugs, and from the sounds of it you may be dealing with a server issue. Be persistent.

How Drone Mining Works

Give this a try maybe: Vau Monk
    The Monk is a miner I still use most of the time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    I concur that it may well be a server issue. Sometimes a reset or restart will fix things. In single player, clearing the client cache (in tools and options) fixes many things too.

I have had little problem with fleet mining which I think is the least clunky of the fleet settings and commends.

Sometimes it is just simple error where you need to unlink then relink the salvage computer to the modules or the salvage computer to the storage. Sometimes delete the storage and replace it.

Hope you find the fix.

Reactions: MacThule