salvage beam not gathering ores

Reaction score
    for the past few days for some reason when i use the salvage beam on any of my ships(mothership or mining drones) the beams will gather the basic minerals of what i am mining, i.e. dirt, sand, whatever the plant/asteroid is made of, but will not gather any of the ores. i have the cargo blocks linked to the storage computer and the storage computer linked to the salvage computer. this setup worked a few days ago, and has worked for months. i have tried doing a repair install which then rearranged the textures for all blocks. it looked actually really funny with cannon computers as hull blocks. after trying a few things i just uninstalled starmade completely and reinstalled from scratch. the textures went back to normal but i still cannot mine ores. i still only get dirt and sand and stuff. i am out of ideas. has anyone else had this issue? i tried googling it but could not find any information on it. i am playing on the lazy_gamerz multiplayer server and have been for a long while with no issues. any ideas?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Try a different server (for example the play.staramde testserver) and try to salvage a ore there.
    if that is working ask the server admin or owner if they did change something

Reaction score
    Try a different server (for example the play.staramde testserver) and try to salvage a ore there.
    if that is working ask the server admin or owner if they did change something
    that was a good idea. i logged in to the test server and i could mine like normal. so it must be a server issue. i will contact the admins when i get the chance. thanks