[RP] Eternia [DEAD, don't apply!]

Reaction score
    50 it is. Does pose some minor problems for my character\'s story, but I guess I\'ll work something out.

On a somewhat related note, why is there a maximum age limit? I understand the \"You must be over 18\" part, as it\'d be quite stupid to have 14 year olds piloting ships, but setting up a max age of 50 seems a bit low. In my opinion, it kind of limits character possibilities. But, you guys are the bosses, was just wondering if there was a reasonable explanation behind it.

Reaction score
    Code:
    Let me preface this by saying that i\'m new to servers in star-made. I\'ve had a lot of experience on minecraft RP servers, and had a lot of fun. But i had to leave each time because of school, work or life. I hope i can have a great time here if accepted, and would love to see whats in store for the server\'s story.

Character name: Bourne223

Code:
    Personality:Calm, cool and calculated. Bourne plans out his moves and is motivated by logical reasoning. More of a loner than a leader, he likes to operate on his own terms. He doesn\'t go out of his way to help people, but we wouldn\'t stand by idly and watch an acomplice die. Vengeance and grudges are not a part of his creed, but he will do his best to ruin the lives of those that cross him.

Bio (YOUR CHARACTER) (one paragraph minimum!): Bourne had grown up in an average family in the slums. When he became an adult he abandoned his family and joined up with the Air force as a fighter pilot, having scored well in intelligence and reflexes on testing. After Eternia took over the planet and became the Eternian Empire, he fled the previous military, wanting nothing to do with the new regime. After finding the deepest hole in the city he could, he became a bail enforcement agent. He never regretted his line of work, it was just the money he was after. He always lived by three simple rules:
    1. Don\'t attract attention to yourself
    2. Be thourough and efficient
    3. Trust turns into betrayal

Recently some trouble within a local crime syndicate crossed over into his life, and he decided to flee. He had heard from his underground sources about the hole that had opened in the Empire\'s defences and decided to get offworld ASAP.

Plans once your in the server: Bourne plans to make contact with any sort of law in space as a resource for hunting wanted fugitives, continuing the line of work he built up on Victus. He\'ll stick to his rules and try to live out his life in as much peace as he can muster in a galaxy of chaos.

Other:Eternia
    Code:
    Also a question - can we have an alias we go by? honestly people can\'t see a floating name above each other\'s heads in real life, so there\'d be no reason our character name must be linked to our account name.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    what rule says we cannot upload? i just read the rules and backstory like five times it says nothing of the sort.....

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    We decided against the catalogue to prevent any huge lag spikes and crashes, you will need admin access

Reaction score
    I would like to know if I was accepted, I saw some of the \"Accepted\" messages but I can\'t tell if any are about me or not...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The account name is easily changed that is why I would reccomend changing your name but no you don\'t have to. You will recieve more information upon release.

Reaction score
    Mass: 7220.0 (72,200 blocks)

Length: 158m; Height: 39m; Width: 100m

Power: 55579.3/55579.3 (5077 E/Sec)

The rest I\'ll leave up to your imagination.

Reaction score
    So if we do need a ship, or would want one for story perposes, we\'d have to ask? Or maybe there should be a kind of... Dimention limit for a ship to be spawned, as to know the server can take it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You would need to build it most likely, I will ask Zam but that\'s what I think will most likely happen.

Reaction score
    http://star-made.org/comment/28133#comment-28133 Here\'s your post. And it says accepted, I found it while looking for another post.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Character Name: Kurama

RP Age: 18

Personality: Logical. Unlikely to be the first to shoot. May have a mild dislike of sand.

Bio (YOUR CHARACTER): When the Juggernaut Cannon System is complete, Victus will be forever secure in the cosmos against whatever threat may loom in the depths of space. Eternia\'s effort cannot be limited to a single weapon however. What good is a defense that is blind, after all? Thus, the imperitive was formed to launch several vessels out to explore the depths of space. Though lightly armed, these massive vessels have been equipped with advanced factory systems and a state-of-the-art prototype construction system that allows the crew to construct upon and modify the vessel from any location! Truely, a technological marvel one can only expect from Eternia, protector of Victus! These enormous ships will embark with their crews on a mission of exploration in deep space. With their onboard systems, they can construct and deconstruct shuttles, research equipment, or other such tools of exploration as they need them. When the Victus Defense Project is complete, we will know what is out there, and will be ready to give a show to any strange threats which may exist beyond our systems!

**end recorded visuals**

**personal entry, 2 days prior to Hail incident**

20 years. 20 years we have been on this flying space colony. I was actually born on it a couple. Ours was one of the three largest exploration vessels, the Deep Explorer class ships. By now, the Juggernaut system the recording indicates is likely complete. Our ship is apparently functioning only about 70% as well as it was upon starting out, and has been for about 10 years or so (apparently we were unable to manufacture full-power versions of the ship\'s major components with our factory system). The factory itself can produce its own parts though, so theoretically we could keep flying around another 20 years and be fine. I for one am glad that isn\'t the case however. While our ship hasn\'t found aliens or anything (can\'t speak for the other two Deep Explorers though), we have accumulated a great wealth of data on various systems, and the resources they hold. With this data, Victus will surely be able to spring right into its next frontier colonization efforts. It will only be a week until we approach the limits of Victus space. Maybe less. Depends how much they have expanded since we set out.

**Personal entry, 1 day after Hail incident**

Something is up with Victus. Many signals we intercept are encoded in strange new codecs. The few without encryption involve reports of some kind of prison break. One of our techies managed to decrypt the codes to what is apparently an Eternian low level military band though, and this is where it gets troubling. While the specifics are out of context and make little sense, we keep seeing the term \"rebels\" popping up in them, along with couple mentions of \"Prison Ship Hail.\" The captain has ordered us to run silent until we better know what is going on.

**Personal entry, 2 days after Hail incident**

We have stumbled upon a dozne light fighters, damaged in combat and left adrift. Its astounding really. They have managed to, in just 20 years, miniturize the self-construction system down to the point where a FIGHTER can operate one! I mean, it doesn\'t have any factory capabilities like the Deep Explorer, but still! That one can repair or even upgrade any ship on-the-fly is truely astonishing. I and other engineers have been assigned to looking into the system the best we can.

**Personal entry, 3 days after Hail incident**

We sent a small ship to tap into what appears to be a fringe communications satelite, and were pleasantly surprised to see we could access civilian networks. Or at least ones that weren\'t using a fancy new code script. What the hell has happened to Eternia? I get that they basically threatened Victus into submission with the Juggernaut, but still! No wonder there are rebels around. Speaking of, we have cracked a mid-level code, and this one belongs to them. The captain has issued an order to broadcast a message in that same code to the rebel sources farthest from Victus. He classified the contents, but I am fairly certain we all know what it is. We are broadcasting a message indicating that we will help them with everything we have. And considering we have an entire mobile colony capable of manufacturing admittedly dated ships, I suspect we will be a great boon to them. And if we are able to obtain more up-to-date technology so we can make modern equipment, then this ship could even become its beacon of hope. Or it could just become another factory. Either way, that\'s up to the ship\'s captain and those rebels, not me.

Plans once your in the server:

**Personal entry final, 3 days after Hail incident** I don\'t normally make more then one entry per day, but this may be my last one for quite some time. We have repaired and outfitted some of the damaged light fighters the best we can, and I am being given one of them. I and a few others have also been given about the most vague set of orders I have ever heard of. \"Assess the situation, do whatever you want, just send reports.\" Really? Well, I\'ll be having a field day with the construction system at any rate. With access to someplace with enough supplies, I could theoretically build a battleship with this surprisingly small thing. If I could somehow find or afford enough supplies to make said battleship, sure, but still. I suspect I will instead be building, unbuilding, and rebuilding my ship as I \"assess the situation.\" Who knows, I may help the rebels out a bit too. I do have 18 years of life basically being raised as a shipwright on the Deep Explorer. I must say, I will miss her a bit. Last time I was off her for more then a day was over a year ago during that desert planet excavation. I still can\'t believe the captain had all that sand brought aboard so we could make a beach in bio-room 4. Ever since then there\'s been sand in half the halls and I keep tracking the stuff into my room.

Actually, I think I won\'t miss her TOO much, now that I think about it. Maybe a bit. But I\'ll be glad to be rid of that sand fina-OH for the love of-! WHY IS THERE SAND IN MY FIGHTER?!

TL;DR: I will build ships, but I will also be willing to enter combat. But first, I will need to locate some rebels and befriend them. That or locate a conveniently unrealistic stash of ship parts to make ships out of. So yeah, I can\'t do much with this fighter until I meet up with someone, preferably rebels.

Other: Eternia, why have you fallen so? Wasn\'t that big gun supposed to protect our world? Actually, I\'ve always thought it was weird that they would build a gun unless they already knew there was some enemy out there. Oh well.

Reaction score
    Is it possible to change my account name if i\'ve already payed for an account? can i use a different screen name and verify with my actual account? i haven\'t tried that

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Dang I was hoping to be able to upload my ship i recently finished designing. It cost 100mil but I was planning to wait till I had the crew to man it cus it actually needs a crew. Took me 2 weeks to make it so I doubt id be willing to build it from scratch.

Is there any chance I could still get it on the server some time? I could take screenshots for approval.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    my name is faytliangod i am currently the ruler of the universe called the azura plains it is about 45682373925 light years away from the universe that your military currently inhabbits i wish to ally with you and help expand peace within our people.... so what say you

Reaction score
    Hope the whitelist is working, would not like someone who is accepted not get on as random people have joined. 3hrs 45 mins to go!!!!!!!