Rotating/Turning blocks?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey there..
    I was just about finished with my utility class frigate when I accidentally removed some blocks. Upon trying to fix the "damage", I noticed that every block now looked sideways. Didn't know it was possible to turn/rotate blocks while building your ship. The help and controls menu don't contain any info and I tried some combinations that were mentioned on the forum.
    Shift + WASD for example doesn't work, it just moves around the camera a little faster. It HAS to be possible to turn them around though, otherwise I shouldn't be able to place the blocks sideways..

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hi, to rotate, you now have to press in any direction when in build mode. The indicator arrow in the middle of the yellow box preview shows the current orientation.

I need to update those instructions though. Also rotating blocks isn that useful at the moment. It will be become very useful when the next version brings the new docking system.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    But movement keys just move the camera around for me. WASD or the arrow keys do nothing or move the cam around when I'm in build mode. I know it's not thaat useful, but I accidentally set it to build sideways and now I can't change it back o.o
    The little arrow in the building block thing always points to the side.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Error in Schema's answer here. You must LEAVE your ship to do this.
    Direction of blocks will appear IN YOU. And It's hardly to know Which one is need for you atm.
    So it's random.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Nope no error in my answer, but I think the new orientation method is not available in the current version yet ^^. New version is gonna be out soon

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Possibly. You just got better version. GIVE IT TO US RIGHT NOW * Hits Schema with Baseball bat* (Jk)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    try pressing \"Left Ctrl\" wen you are in build mode then use the WASD or arrow keys.

hope this helps! :)

Thomas

Reaction score
    You likely accidentally entered advanced build mode, which is entered by holding down the left ctrl key, as tomsungames mentioned. Here, you can place multiple blocks, set axes of symmetry, and change the direction of orientable blocks; I would advise you to learn how to use it, as it\'s invaluable in large builds, both for building and demolishing them. In fact, I use it in all my builds, either for symmetry or aligning decorational blocks.

Also, if you repaired damage outside of your ship, you may have pressed \"R\" while pointing at an orientable block. Press \"R\" while pointing at these blocks to rotate them again.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I rotate blocks by pressing \"-\" and just use the mouse scroll to go thourgh the diffrent angles.