Rotating a Ship's Core

Reaction score
    Okay, so I just spent 6 hours building the hull for a huge (at least, in my opinion) ship. I randomly decided to check out the rotation rate, when I found out I had built the whole thing completely backwards. That stunk.

So I'm wondering: is there a way I can redeem those hours I spent, or do I have to trash the project?

This probably been asked before, but I couldn't find it in the forum search, so I decided to go ahead and post. Also, I'm sorry for how controversial my first discussion post was... (just in case any of you out there are still frustrated about that)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    There is no way currently to rotate or otherwise move the core. What you might be able to do if your ship is not 'too' large, is to cut your entire ship and paste it in the other direction. This is not a trick that I would try myself as it is fraught with difficulties, but it might in theory be possible. Blueprint your ship first just to be safe. Alternatively you might be able to piecemeal cut, 'template' and paste your ship onto a new ship core. In any case, I am not conversant enough with such tricks to step you through them, but you might be able to figure them out yourself.

Reaction score
    There is no way currently to rotate or otherwise move the core. What you might be able to do if your ship is not 'too' large, is to cut your entire ship and paste it in the other direction. This is not a trick that I would try myself as it is fraught with difficulties, but it might in theory be possible. Blueprint your ship first just to be safe. Alternatively you might be able to piecemeal cut, 'template' and paste your ship onto a new ship core. In any case, I am not conversant enough with such tricks to step you through them, but you might be able to figure them out yourself.
    Thank you very much! I didn't even think to try something like that. I should be able to fix my ship, then. =D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It is possible, if a bit tedious.

1. Adjust the "PLAYER_MAX_BUILD_AREA = 10" in your server.cfg to a number at least as large as the longest dimension of your ship.
    2. Built a scaffold around the outside of your ship to latch onto with the build tool.
    2. Use the copy tool to copy the entire ship.
    3. Use the remove tool to delete the ship (which will leave only the core and the bits of scaffold that you haven't selected.
    4. Set the build mode to "paste"
    5. Rotate around the copied ship and paste it back into the appropriate relationship with the core using the scaffold you built earlier.

Tip: disable the preview option for copied blocks as it is a real framerate killer with large selections.

If you can't get it working post the blueprint in this thread. I can do it for you if need be. :)

Reaction score
    It is possible, if a bit tedious.

1. Adjust the "PLAYER_MAX_BUILD_AREA = 10" in your server.cfg to a number at least as large as the longest dimension of your ship.
    2. Built a scaffold around the outside of your ship to latch onto with the build tool.
    2. Use the copy tool to copy the entire ship.
    3. Use the remove tool to delete the ship (which will leave only the core and the bits of scaffold that you haven't selected.
    4. Set the build mode to "paste"
    5. Rotate around the copied ship and paste it back into the appropriate relationship with the core using the scaffold you built earlier.

Tip: disable the preview option for copied blocks as it is a real framerate killer with large selections.

If you can't get it working post the blueprint in this thread. I can do it for you if need be. :)
    Thank you so much, this will be a huge timesaver! Thanks also for the offer to help. :)

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If nothing else, Rake a few parallel "laser hits" and blow a hole or two in the hull and post it as a derelict ship.

Reactions: AnthonyAnderson