Rolling back single player after ClassCastException

Reaction score
    After connection a pulsing Actuator to both a Damage Beam Computer AND a linked Push Effect Computer, my game crashed with a ClassCastException Error, I filled in some details and sent the bug report in.

My problem now is that every time I try to start the game, even before spawning, it now crashes with the same exception error, is there a way to rollback a single player game at all?

The daft thing is that I way trying to implement an Auto Docking feature to a hangar but it turns out I misunderstood what the push effect does ;)

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You can reset the universe. Of restore an older backup.

Dunno about if you can roll-back. But locally you can delete objects from database.

Reaction score
    Yeah, I found the offending station file and temp affixed .2 as an extension, loaded the game and all worked well. It just left a load of turrets static in space ;)

I guess I will have to implement my Chasing landing lights all over again :(

Reaction score
    Do you have a log file for this? If you are uncertain you can zip the entire logs directory and send the file to @AndyP, @Lancake or myself, this would allow us to look into this issue.
    It sounds related to #760, but probably is a different issue.

Reaction score
    Hi Der_scheme, I sent in the bug report just after the crash, is this what you are after or should I send what I believe to be the log files for the crash?

I can also see if I can recreate the issue too if that helps as I know exactly what I was doing just before the crash.

Reaction score
    The latter. Those crash reports go, afaik, to one of schema's inboxes, getting specific ones is therefore very tedious.

Aaaand, I have good news, because I may have a fix for you, in case you can restore your station:
    1. Use a text editor (like notepad.exe) to open the file StarMade/data/config/BlockTypes.properties.
    2. Locate the following line: EFFECT_PUSH_COMPUTER=462
    3. Replace 462 by 1462.
    4. Save.
    5. Start the game.
    If this doesn't resolve the crash, try the same thing with other blocks, like delay blocks (search for "SIGNAL" to get logic blocks). Note: Affected blocks won't be loaded by the game.
    If it works, it should be safe to undo your tampering with the file. Just don't try thing with linking both computers to logic again (only the damage beam).

Reaction score
    Thanks. That's basically the same as #760, with another cast, however. I've updated the issue and raised its priority.