RMS Titanic from Doctor Who (WIP)

Reaction score
    Update #1: Clicky

Hey guys! I kind of lost interest in the project a few months ago, but am back and working on it again!

For those who didn't see this on the old site here's the run-down: This is the ship from the 2007 Doctor Who Christmas special, which I painstakingly recreated entirely by hand taking as little creative license as possible. I've put every effort into making the outside match perfectly to the episode, but the only inside shown is the bridge, power generators, a lobby area, and innumerable maintenance hallways, so the inside will be my own design, but I will include what I can from the show. As Max said: The fastest, the furthest, the best.

Since the last update on the old site, I've completed the entirety of the ship systems, the hidden lifeboat bay, and renovated the turrets to work well with the new weapons. Here's some pics (nothing's really changed on the outside):

New screenshot:

Woops, nearly forgot this:

Here's the stats (subject to change a bit, and keep in mind this ship is not meant for battle):
    Mass: too subject to change to matter atm
    Length: 677m; Height: 281m; Width: 217m
    Power: 286,754,015.7 (18,025,174.8e/sec)
    Thrust: 388,659.6; PowerCons: 483537.0; (blocks: 483537)
    TurningSpeed: All 1.0
    Shields: 11,817,181 (1,022,477 s/sec)

Top speed: ~250km/h, I put overdrive on it to exceed the speed limit but it really doesn't effect speed (1.2% efficiency)
    Turrets: 2 short-range anti-fighter & 2 long-range (turrets are the smokestacks, and only meant for defense)
    -Short range: 64 damage beams (3x3x7) w/ cannon slave & punch through, can fire constantly inflicting pointed damage or spread out beams. 4 d1000 arrays (5x5x10) w/ d1000 slave, function well as swarm missiles against fighters (can't test because of glitch causing them to lock onto my own docked ships)
    -Long range: 64 d1000 arrays (3x3x7) w/ beam slave, dealing 4.6k damage each and with 1.6km range & 300 missile speed. Takes ~22 million energy to fire and deals 300k damage if all hit the target. 2 cannons (5x5x10) w/ beam slave & explosive effect, effectively useless because of the low rate of fire atm but have 3.7k damage per shot and 2km range.
    -Question: would it be better to use the effect (I have a spot set aside for it) for the d1000s on the long range turret instead of the cannons, and if so, which effect? I haven't done much testing and when I do test them they blow a large hole straight through whatever I fire them at already.​
    -Turret general stats:
    Power regen: 1m/s (all but long range d1000s can fire constantly if turret becomes disconnected)
    Shields: 1,145,156 (30,310s/sec, was difficult to refit)

Since that's out of the way, I'd like to get any feedback you guys have and any suggestions on what I should do for the interior. I plan on having just about everything a normal cruise ship has, but I'll likely still have space after the theaters, bedrooms, dining areas, kitchens, pools, gyms, sports areas, lounges, etc. I'll keep this page updated every once in a while.

Last edited:

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I said this when I saw the old post, and will say it again

YOU BEAUTIFUL MOTHERFUCKER!

absolutly beautiful, well done. This is one of the first things to have crossed my mind when I found the game, never got around to it though.

well done :)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    That, that is amazing! As for the interior, could you use logic and plexdoors to make weeping angels appear out of nowhere? I don't know if that would work, but it would certainly be cool.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    That, that is amazing! As for the interior, could you use logic and plexdoors to make weeping angels appear out of nowhere? I don't know if that would work, but it would certainly be cool.
    weeping angels?!

*shows MrTargareyan the door... with his foot*

Last edited by a moderator:

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Ohhh, were the gold angels actually just broken AI? I always assumed they were weeping angels :3
    they are supposed to be robotic assistants on the cruise, like an information desk, but got broked some how (cant remember it too well, been a while) but they sure as hell are not weeping angels

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Oh right xD I haven't watched doctor who in a while, the last time I watched it was when David Tennant was still the doctor

Reaction score
    Rimmer was correct, they are golden angels called the "Host," which were designed as robotic servants.
    They were controlled by Max Capricorn who made them turn against the crew/passengers. I did include them (2 block tall yellow hull) in deck 31 (the room where Max is revealed), but idk if I will anywhere else besides the lobby that the Doctor first visits.

If someone were to make the spaceship Byzantium, from Series 5's The Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone (which is what the gif Nauvran posted is from) then that ship would certainly have weeping angels (but I'm not feeling up to it).

Last edited:

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Rimmer was correct, they are golden angels called the "Host," which were designed as robotic servants.
    They were controlled by Max Capricorn who made them turn against the crew/passengers. I did include them (2 block tall yellow hull) in deck 31 (the room where Max is revealed), but idk if I will anywhere else besides the lobby that the Doctor first visits.

If someone were to make the spaceship Byzantium, from Series 5's The Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone (which is what the gif Nauvran posted is from) then that ship would certainly have weeping angels (but I'm not feeling up to it).
    knew it :P

Reaction score
    Update #1: All crew and passenger cabins have been completed, along with their elevators (thank goodness for copy/paste). Next are the minor passenger pools (I'm thinking of making an olympic one elsewhere in the ship). There are 156 3rd class rooms, 464 2nd class rooms, 236 1st class rooms (32 of which are slightly better and could be considered 1st+), and 138 crew cabins. I'm *not* looking forward to numbering all 994 of them with the new signs, one by one, by hand.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I'm a bit reluctant to put up a download of my most recent version, as the interior is heavily under construction and I don't want to keep updating it when I make any progress. However, I'll put up the systems-complete blueprint I have so you can fly it around, but there isn't any interior except for an uncompleted bridge, the reactor, and lifeboat area. That sound good?

http://starmadedock.net/content/doctor-who-rms-titanic-unfinished.839/

Oh, just about forgot, there is an easter egg/mushroomfleet reference, but I'm too lazy to remove it for now and save it until the final upload.

Last edited: