RIP Wiki ;-;7

Reaction score
    schema is working on a bot to automatically create and maintain the block pages so what we need is just general pages for various game mechanics or entities
    In the meantime, could someone with a wiki account consider resurrecting the block ID list from this archived version for example - even if most linked articles would lead nowhere and parts of it might be incomplete or outdated?
    Your initiative would be much appreciated.

Of course I can just continue using the archive.org version or my local copy, until schema's bot is ready, but it's kind of a central page and a great quick reference - reinstating it should be a comparatively simple thing and would hopefully benefit others as well.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    In the meantime, could someone with a wiki account consider resurrecting the block ID list from this archived version for example - even if most linked articles would lead nowhere and parts of it might be incomplete or outdated?

Of course I can just continue using the archive.org version or my local copy, until schema's bot is ready, but it's kind of a central page and a great quick reference - reinstating it should be a comparatively simple thing and would hopefully benefit others as well.
    I use this page, personally.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold

i could probably do that this weekend. However this weekend is gonna be a little action packed for me so i'll get to it when i can

Reactions: Lecic

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I'm right now doing the ID-List, I started today evening without having read this thread, therefor I have half of it done wfrom scratch so it may differ a little from the old list.
    Nicely done! now all we need is the block pages up and we'll be all set

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So the ID-List is complete, I may improve the sorting and it's without the block images for now (That's why I didn't remove the WIP thing).

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    The new wiki article format has been put in place. There's a front end display page which contains the basic block description and links to further info through mediawiki's templating system. We use mediawiki's template system to put HP, armor, mass, production info and what not in the backend as two bot created template pages. This means the core bot generated data won't be edited with user edited content, allowing the bot to easily change its format or add/remove values. More about the article format is here.

The wiki bot is done, it's been modified to use the new article format and has been run on the production website. All block pages are now restored. GitHub - Schine/SMWiki-Bot: MediaWiki bot for StarMade We'll also look into getting the bot to create and maintain a block ID page, and perhaps the commands page as well.

The next major things we need to get for the wiki are:
    • Implement OAuth2 for registration/logins
    • Modify wiki skin to work with the VisualEditor extension (rich-text editor for MediaWiki)
    Both of these things will make it easier for people to contribute to the wiki.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Currently working on implementing VisualEditor into the wiki, it should make it easier for anyone to edit an article on the wiki. Still have a bit of work left, a couple of conflicts to fix and styling to be done. I'll be making the wiki skin's source public in the next few days, so if anyone wants to help out or take a look, they can :)

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Again, I have stated repeatedly the one thing holding me back was the need to create yet another account, and I can only speak for myself. I do hope registry integration becomes a thing.
    If anyone wanted to attempt this. I can gladly help out, Test, Code review, but I lack the time to take it on fully nor am I a php expert. It seems there are a lot of oauth2 libraries for php already out there. So the main chunk of the effort would be adding it to media wiki.
    We have been working on OAuth2 implementation for the past week, it is functional. We've got a couple of things still to add and cleanup, but it now works in a basic form.

Anyone is free to help out, a GitHub repo has been made available:

GitHub - Schine/MW-OAuth2Client: MediaWiki OAuth2 Client Extension

A test wiki with Citizen Registry support: SM TEST

We'll be putting this into production in the next few days.

Reactions: Valck and nightrune

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    We have been working on OAuth2 implementation for the past week, it is functional. We've got a couple of things still to add and cleanup, but it now works in a basic form.

Anyone is free to help out, a GitHub repo has been made available:

GitHub - Schine/MW-OAuth2Client: MediaWiki OAuth2 Client Extension

A test wiki with Citizen Registry support: SM TEST

We'll be putting this into production in the next few days.
    Great! You rock! I added a review and some test to my to-do list. Lets hope I can get to it.
    [doublepost=1473428356,1473427654][/doublepost]Did a quick test. Looks like it works for the basic use case and I could get in and edit very quickly!

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    We've added login through a popup window, so you never leave the site. If you're already logged into the Registry, the popup won't appear, you'll simply login as soon as you click the link.

Reactions: Crimson-Artist