Report flood

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello,

I just read through the log files and descriptions of exactly 1273 reports from just yesterday and today. It took me 8 hours without break, so what that means is that I can't possibly doing that anymore.

I noticed ca 99% of the bugs are driver related (on which I can't even do much except to tell people to update the drivers), so I have to build in more functions to give better feedback on those errors.

Also unfortunately Intel's "auto update" server does not always provide the newest drivers, why for some people the game keeps crashing even with the supposedly "newest" drivers.

For all other reports. I do my best to fix all of the issues.

The only thing that hit me a little is, that very few people were a little rude with demanding bugs to be fixed. But I don't mind it too much.

I hope the game runs fine for the most part. I promise, I'll make it better every day.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You\'re al;ways going to have rude people in Bug reports,no matter how big the game is.

Reaction score
    ive started playing this game ever since the yogcast mad a video about it (which hasnt been very long maybe like 2 days so far) and ive seen two updates and that shows me that you are really working hard to keep everyone happy and if i had the money i would definately donate, so yeah fix the bugs when you can no need to be rushed

Reaction score
    Nice job.
    What some people don\'t realise is that the game is in alpha, and when they find a bug they flip. But it\'s understandable to get people like that.
    Keep up the good work on the game and I can\'t wait for more updates!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hate the people who play alpha games (especially when they can play for free) and just constantly moan and think that no game has bugs, stupid people.

Really want to buy this game to show my support and have it past alpha however I\'d prefer a payment method like PayPal, is it possible for you to organise your purchase with the option to log in as paypal?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Derp on my end of course you have PayPal, what I get for playing star-made till 2am and then trying to buy it half asleep

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ah yes, the double blessing and curse of the yogscast. The upside is you\'ll get a TON of people checking out your game. The downside is a significant percentage of these are incredibly entitled and immature.

Don\'t get me wrong, I love the guys but with their focus on minecraft and their at times maybe a bit immature humor [/sarcasm] that\'s just the audience they\'re likely to attract. A yogscast video comment thread is about the lowest common denominator the internet has to offer.

Now I\'m sure most of us yogscast fans are perfectly mature and reasonable but sadly we\'re not the loud ones.

Still, you\'re doing a great job, and I\'m sure this exposure will help on the way to greenlight.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    hello schema i found you game 2 days ago and i have been playing it ever scinse. For and alpha game it works incredibly well, a few errors here and there but it has so much potential!! i am also a junior programmer and to me your dedication and the beautiful way you have carried through the concept to be completely playable is really incredible =D. im sure if you keep it up you are going to become very famous and i have upmost respect for you. i would love to help somehow if i could =)

-1sttperson

Reaction score
    I have been looking for a game like this for many years , this is exactly what ive been looking for, played it for a day and allready bought it most likely ill be donating just to help this game become something legendary.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    4 years ago I wished there was a game like this. So if I haven`t said this before, thank you Shema, for making one of my dream-games come true :P.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi Schema. Thanks for all your time and effort put into this game. It runs great for me except the huge fps drop on or looking at a planet. But this is Alpha! :) Looking forward to watching Starmade grow.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Don\'t let the rude people get to you. You\'re doing a great job in my opinion :)!

Reaction score
    me and a bunch of my friends and all the other yogcasters are very polite atleast true and avid fans ive been following the yogcast for about 2 to 1 years so far, im very mature for my age. so just because there are a few of them out there does not mean that we are all like them

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Oh, definitely. I found this game through yogscast myself and I\'m a big fan of theirs. But still, just looking at video comments, you\'ll have to admit we\'re not the most mature crowd. As I said, I\'m sure there\'s plenty of reasonable and polite yognauts, the loud and rude ones are just the most noticable.

Reaction score
    Schema keep up the good work don\'t let those rude guys upset you. You are doing a great job with this game it\'s becoming an awsome piece of art and i think that most of us think that this game as more potential than minecraft.
    Keep up the good work

-dragon_master-