Release Candidate #2 (0.136) (hotfixing for last issues 0.137)

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello,

there were a few bugs popping up that I had to fix. This version needs overall testing to make sure it can be released. I hope to release it this evening, or the next morning.

Here is the changelog for this build:

- fixed serious server bug, where in case a sector was loaded while saving (inactive sector becomes active again), there could be a several bugs (foremost docked ships undocking without reason)
    - fixed bug where docked object were not hittable by missiles
    - fixed eject from enterable block when block gets destroyed
    - fixed core overheating timer when core destroyed by missile
    - added another texture pack from kupu
    - added some character model fixes from omni
    - reactivated head tilting (only without helmet)
    - fixed bug in animation structure where deactivated animation would prevent other animations

You can download the build here: http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20140315_165928.zip

HOTFIX (server didn't unload sectors, flickering in bulk VBO mode after a while, and better graphics memory usage): http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20140316_172311.zip

(to use that please extract that file into a folder named "StarMade" and put a launcher in the directory below: e.g. if you extract it to c:\users\schema\games\StarMade, the launcher has to be in c:\users\schema\games for it to see the installation)

(The username and password is "dev". The link will be working around 15 minutes after this news post)

This version will be installed on play.star-made.org:4242 to test.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    For those wanting to try the newest textures, i would suggest turning 2D texture compression OFF. This setting can be found in the advanced options menu.

The new textures are 64 pixel tiles and compression will blur some of the details and shift hues.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    It didn\'t crash at startup in my buildsector (which has multiple ships of 500 to 800m lenght) so its working fine for me.

And as far as the bugs go. They seem to be fixed for me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    There is only one bug I have, but its not mayor or neccesary for the next public update so dont bother with it too quickly.

So I am using a controller in StarMade now and for some reason it keeps resetting the button config when I log out or when I open the menu and forget to press OK. Again its not mayor so plz dont delay the public update because of this cuz the rest works just fine.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    If there ever will be aliens in starmade, one should be a bird like creature called a kupu-bird, and another hippopotamus called an omnipotamus

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Thanks for the compression tip, that fixed the issues I\'ve been having with the old style textures being glitchy and the colors being off.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    In all the honesty, I\'d rather avoid such self-plugs. Anyone really caring and willing to take notice will know who are the guys who were doing their job. Other than that, while it\'s all silly, blocky world, I\'d hope for races generally not made as a joke, but something to add to immersion.

Reaction score
    I would like 16x16 or 32x32 textures.

Anything more seems to not fit with the 1m^3 graphics.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    Any chance for a 512x512 or 1024x1024 texture pack in the future? I love your work and I find myself looking at blocks from multiple angles because of how cool the bumpmapping is, but its hard to appreciate it when I can see blurring or pixelization in it. :(