Reduce Confusion: GUI

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Starmade has so many modes of interaction and such a powerful inventory system that is needs better visual cues to make it clear what your current status is. I suggest the following to help clarify the GUI:

-When 'filter blocks' is active please make it bright & highlighted. ( "where did my stuff go? )
    -Personal inventory and the Auxiliary inventory ('use as personal inventory') each need their own distinct indicator. Perhaps a backpack icon for personal and a storage box for Aux. This will make it clear what is current. Color differentiation would also help. (currently if very hard to see all the small buttons and details)
    -Scroll bar defaults to the top position. I can find the top or bottom of a scroll bar instantly, what I need is for the tab to stay where I left it previously so I can continue working the list (when manufacturing etc.)
    -Scaleable text where ever possible. I am older and my eyes are bad.
    -When dropping a stack; the target area is smaller than the visual size of the slot ruining the drop. ('do it again')
    -Allow a display to be slaved to a factory or a storage block (that it shares a face with) so it shows the name of the block it is linked to. (the texture of the storage/factory block remains unaffected).
    -I have ships with multiple rail dockers. Please make them nameable like the inner ship remote.

Thanks for the making the greatest game is the history of great games. Lukwan

Last edited:
    Reactions: Valck