Recyling Blocks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    My idea is to add a new type of factory that can recycle blocks into its base components. This block would have a random chance to return one of its components, and allow the breaking down of loot obtained from pirates. Blocks like rock and such that you normally throw out when mining could be recycled to give random chances at various ores.

Adding the block should be fairly simple as it just requires some new recipes added with some logic statements and a random number generator.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Blocks like rock and such that you normally throw out when mining could be recycled to give random chances at various ores.
    I was thinking on this some time ago - FortressCraft Evolved has (or had - havent played it since before it fully released) a rock crusher that would chew up unwanted rock and occasionally spit out some ore. Low power cost, low chance of ore, but handy enough (especially when the chips are down).
    Pretty sure the refinery that deals in scrap could have a recipe added to it for a similar purpose in Starmade (lets face it - so few people / servers bother with survival in game now, it would give it the block a new reason to be there - instead of generally being ignored - also very nice for those that do play survival).

Reactions: Cleardragonf

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Sounds a lot like the Micro Assember. It converts scrap into metal mesh and crystal composit.
    Perhaps add the recycling feature where it scraps the block and then continues converting like normal.

Personally, I would like a machine to break down the blocks into their constituents to be used more efficiently. If the block is damaged, then it be a percentage based scale where the different components retrieved are reduced. For example, a BobbyAI is made up of 50x Mattise Capsule and 50x Zercaner Capsule. If the block was 25% damaged, you would only get 75% of the capsules out of it, 37x of each capsule. I rounded down for theoretical wastage. ;)

Reactions: Cleardragonf