Recontruction Mode

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I kind of like this idea.. but I was thinking more in the line before of having NPCs or repair bots that can wander around your ship replacing/repairing blocks for you-- so long as your ship is stopped, or in orbit around a planet.
    I wonder how much AI tweaking would it take to make a Bobby AI recognize damaged blocks and use an astrotech beam on them

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I wonder how much AI tweaking would it take to make a Bobby AI recognize damaged blocks and use an astrotech beam on them
    Or NPCs, my guess it that it would take a few months but I believe that it would be a really cool feature to add into the game.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    So today while taking a very long drive home, I had an idea for build mode.

Everyone knows whats it like after being in combat and taking a moment to assess your ships current status, it can be a bit depressing at times. When your ship is heavily damaged, it sometimes isn't worth repairing, so you scrap the ship and get a new one because repairs are far too complicated (if you're like me then you can't remember how you built it).

Well my idea to add a new mode inside of build mode that when enabled, will show a faint image of a missing block adjacent to a surviving block. This way a player can perform some basic repairs on a ship before they return base. I think it would be pretty good to have this next to shipyards to repair your ship if you need a few repairs done if you don't have access to anything that can fully repair your ship (which is what I expect shipyards to also do).

Anyway this was just an idea I had earlier today and thought I might share it with the community, so if you read this then thank you and I really hope someone agrees with me on this.
    I like this idea! Another feature I would like would be to have the option to invert the hologram. Showing only the missing blocks in space around a virtual core. This would also be a cool status indicator for systems check for logic.

Reactions: Zilvs