Reason for having an interior

Would You like to have this system in game?

• Total voters

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I like the idea but this will cause a problem for ships that are meant to be themed such as RA ships after seeing and flying some of them I know they aren't capable of handling the requirements of a crew (at least some of them) which would ruin entire fleets for factions with themed ships. I like the idea but there should be something like robots that do the same stuff without the requirements of the human/alien AI.
    Only larger ships would need crew to get a bonus of crew to be noticeable. Unless you don't mean fighters and lighter ships, in which case, just cut out some hallways through your blocks of shields to house some rooms.

Reaction score
    Only larger ships would need crew to get a bonus of crew to be noticeable. Unless you don't mean fighters and lighter ships, in which case, just cut out some hallways through your blocks of shields to house some rooms.
    Thats just it RA ships are built realistically as with many other themed ships. They barely have space for power and shields from what I have seen let alone an interior for crew.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Yes, but the whole idea is that if ships with an interior have an advantage, more people will build interiors. Currently, since ships have to have an exterior (obviously, due to the basic laws of geometry) people are more likely to make really neat exteriors, but some just make shield or power cubes. If there's incentive to make interiors, people will be more likely to make really neat interiors, but some will just make compact grids or whatever takes up the least space.
    Cube ships are more expensive than ships with interiors right? Hey, balance!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    1adog1 Following on from it's said that we need a ventilation system for ships, without giving details of the operation, you've mounted your just an incredible movie.

Curiously enough in post FTL instead of questioning the heating system for the maximum travel distance and waiting time, you have chosen to argue about something that I haven´t given details.

Right now I'm building a cube stuffed turkey type, 135 x 135 x 135 dimensions, as it runs out I hope you enter the thread on how to balance this monstrosity, then maybe we can talk a little about the heat systems that i have in mind.
    What we have to remember is that once the in game economy is properly balanced, it will be A LOT harder to make ships like that. There will always be OP ships, that is and always will be a fact. If you're making that 125x125x125 ship legitly, than you can make that ship however the hell you want, people don't have to like it.

The difference is: When you kill someone with that ship, you know they're going to say "Wow, another asshole in a cube ship of death." Instead of, "Wow, that's a pretty cool ship, can I get a download?" That's the real reason behind interiors and designs, they look GOOD. There doesn't really have to be a reason behind them.

Ok I'm starting to ramble a bit, so I'll get to my point: When you build a cube ship with no interiors and no real design, you won't get the respect that you would get if that ship had cool interiors, and some outside design. That's the only reason behind interiors, and I would have no problem if it stayed like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I like the idea but this will cause a problem for ships that are meant to be themed such as RA ships after seeing and flying some of them I know they aren't capable of handling the requirements of a crew (at least some of them) which would ruin entire fleets for factions with themed ships. I like the idea but there should be something like robots that do the same stuff without the requirements of the human/alien AI.
    I know this is off-topic, but... what is RA?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    1adog1 On the previous page you gave full support to the extended version of useful interior because you looked like a good idea to balance the ships, and on this page you just said that the interiors are just to get more "cool" ships, in that change has last about 24 hours.

You talk about respect but I´m starting to think you're trolling us.

The interiors will have useful, is not something to look more cool, it's something that makes the ships look really ships and that is something that is beyond appear beautiful or not.
    I do have support for the full version, I'm just saying that it doesn't NEED to be changed.

I've been arguing about this with you for days now. Do you think the arguments I come up with are generic? EVERYTHING I've said has been well thought out. I've spent hours sometimes putting together some of my posts. But all I'm getting in response is a bloody child who doesn't even speak proper English saying "No that's not what I want."

I come on this forum so that I can honestly say what I think would be best for this game's future. You've come on here to criticize and find every single flaw in the ideas you look at. I didn't support your idea because it would've destroyed my, and many other people's ships that we've spent a damn long time working on. I support this idea because it does exactly what your idea did, and more, while being easily adjusted to by most ships. Don't call me a troll, because I'm about as far away as you'll get from one. I've put too much time into dealing with you. Say what you want, but I'm done with everything to do with you, all you've done is badger me since I first posted on that FTL Drive thread.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Thats just it RA ships are built realistically as with many other themed ships. They barely have space for power and shields from what I have seen let alone an interior for crew.
    If RA ships are built on a 1:1 scale, then they should already have interiors, should they not?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    1adog1 You do not have what it takes to quote me on my less than 30 posts, to prove what you just said.

Another attempt at manipulation?
    I'm not trying to manipulate anyone, and what does not quoting you have to do with it? Just stop it with this stupid argument, I didn't like your component heating idea, that's all. People can make cube ship designs, nothing that you, I, or the developers do is going to change that. This thread is about rece's idea about how to make ship interiors more useful. I made my first post on this thread because I liked this idea better than yours, that's where it should've ended. I'm here now to talk about the idea at hand, not your heating idea. NOW CAN WE PLEASE MOVE THE **** ON AND TALK ABOUT A MORE RELEVANT TOPIC?!?!?!

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'm not trying to manipulate anyone, and what does not quoting you have to do with it? Just stop it with this stupid argument, I didn't like your component heating idea, that's all. People can make cube ship designs, nothing that you, I, or the developers do is going to change that. This thread is about rece's idea about how to make ship interiors more useful. I made my first post on this thread because I liked this idea better than yours, that's where it should've ended. I'm here now to talk about the idea at hand, not your heating idea. NOW CAN WE PLEASE MOVE THE **** ON AND TALK ABOUT A MORE RELEVANT TOPIC?!?!?!
    English isn't his native language, so how about you stop being a huge donkey pit, first of all.

You are the one who first started arguing about the heating idea here. Maybe you shouldn't have made a rude and snide comment about it if you didn't want to talk about it.

Actually, there is quite a bit that devs can do to fix the problems with cube ships, not sure what the heck you are trying to say there. For example, a heat system or the need for interiors would wreck quite a lot of cube ships, which is a good thing, as they require next to no building skills, so they can't really whine about it taking forever to build, and add a lot of balance to the game.

Stop throwing a temper tantrum like a toddler.

Reactions: Arkudo
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Lecic My suggestion is mainly to have a system, which doesn't cripple ships with interiors as it is right now. It doesn't difference between cube ships or any other shaped ships with no interior.

In the FTL poll thread i've answered You why cube ships are currently OP and how probably it's going to be changed, i don't want to repeat myself.

Cube ships wouldn't be OP to their relatively similar massed ships, so i don't see a reason why we should forbid building square shaped ships. Everyone should be able to build any ship with any shape they wish to build, limiting this is a very bad idea.

Reactions: 1adog1
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes, let us move on. Let the heating idea not be discussed any further. Thank you.

Now, beds. These were dicussed earlier in the thread. Now, the question is: Should they be mandatory, optional, or not even implemented?

I'm going to vote for optional, and controlling deployment time for a vessel without a PC onboard (even in gravity counts.) Why? because it means that patrol ships need to be built like one. It means that fighters have limited deployment time without worrying about fuel.
    In order to "undeploy" a ship it must land on a mothership or base with enough "support" to handle the crew onboard the ship, if the ship does not have enough "support" on its own.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yes, let us move on. Let the heating idea not be discussed any further. Thank you.

Now, beds. These were dicussed earlier in the thread. Now, the question is: Should they be mandatory, optional, or not even implemented?

I'm going to vote for optional, and controlling deployment time for a vessel without a PC onboard (even in gravity counts.) Why? because it means that patrol ships need to be built like one. It means that fighters have limited deployment time without worrying about fuel.
    In order to "undeploy" a ship it must land on a mothership or base with enough "support" to handle the crew onboard the ship, if the ship does not have enough "support" on its own.
    That actually sounds like a pretty good idea.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    What you want is a nerf on high mass, low interior space.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Just a happy reminder to keep your arguments friendly. If you can't make an argument without ad hominem or genetic fallacy then maybe you shouldn't be posting. Stay logical and on topic. Be civil.

Reactions: rece ktore leczo
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Just a happy reminder to keep your arguments friendly. If you can't make an argument without ad hominem or genetic fallacy then maybe you shouldn't be posting. Stay logical and on topic. Be civil.
    Sorry sir, I bought it up in the first place. Won't happen again.

What you want is a nerf on high mass, low interior space.
    But there's nothing we can really do to implement that without compromising other ship designs. I would more focus on giving high interior space ships a combat advantage, rather than nerfing the latter. As rece put it, restricting what you can build in what is basically a sandbox game is a BAD idea. Maybe we could go along with the whole crew stations idea, but they would also need a place to eat, sleep, and possibly a med bay if that's not too much.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!

For the extended version mandatory (mandatory so every crew member would require to have somewhere assigned bed for him). Smaller ships wouldn't need any crew, so there is no problem with lack of space on the ship.

Patrol ships, if small, wouldn't require any NPC to crew them, because the thresholds of stats values probably wouldn't be exceeded.
    If the patrol ship would be big enough for it to need the crew, then it is a good idea that NPCs would be still assigned to the beds on carrier or on the station, but would be able to man the working-station on the ship and fly around for some limited time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    My entire campaign for the game summed up in one sentence.
    Well, fuck you then. There is no other way to put it. You want to limit players. High mass ships already cost more. So, screw you.