Realistic objects. [Discussion Closed]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think that objects in game are not realistic.

IRL(In Real Life) planets are ROUND. Here they are NOT round, because one of sides of planet is SURFACE and other side is.. it's interiors?(There are grass and trees on top, and only rocks on the bottom).

IRL there are NOT MUCH ORES. I just travel to nearest planert or asteroid and see that it's made 75% from junk and 25% from VARIOUS gems.

IRL there are not just huge asteroids. There are asteroid belts, small asteroids, comets and etc. and they are not scattered among the galaxy in groups of 2-4. (Galaxy ain't dat rich)

Energy.

Right now we have energy that pop out from nothing. I don't think that THIS is good.
    I hope that there will be added FUEL or other ways to generate energy.(e.g. Creating solar station>Charging battaries>Using them).

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hi,

I made the decision for flat planets because of various factors. Gravity on a round shape made out of cubes for example is like an attempt to squarify a cycle. Sure I could make them round, but I think the gameplay and simplicity would suffer greatly from that. What happens if you dig to the middle? What happens id the planet is small and you have central gravity?

Please keep in mind, that this is an alpha version. There is lots of thinks that are going to be changed in ore frequency.

There will be some resources in the future that will run out. But I will only implement them, when the game is a more stable state. I don't want to frustrate players yet being stranded in the middle of the universe without any fuel.

cheers,
    - schema

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    haha,
    well, I think I'll manage to frustrate each one at least once (although unwanted ^^)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    if you want realistic, go play real life. This is a video game btw :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Schema.
    IRL there is a core that melts your ship in centre of planet.
    And planets must be bigger, so there will be more flat surfaces, and gravity better.
    If planet is small - It don't have big gravity.

Reaction score
    The game doesn't have real physics! More mass doesn't make more gravity! All of that he has to program by hand, so until you are willing to code it for him, stop trying to make the game look stupid. Follow beetlebear's advice, if you want IRL, go IRL.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    (Cries like a lil baby)
    I don't want to make game stupid!
    I just want to help!
    I know that he has to code BIG amount of code to do this.

ATM I study at technicum for programmer and I want to code stuph! But can't right now.
    So I helping with things I can right now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Dude, not everything has to be realistic, that's really absolutely not the point. If you want a super-realistic game that mimics things as they are in the real world, you might want to look for something called a "simulator". As it is, this game isn't meant to be realistic; it's meant to be a neat, intuitive game that's easy to get into and fun to play. Trying to make every game into a super-realistic simulation is just a silly idea overall, and we would lose a lot of the quirky, entertaining games that we have now. (Not to mention that things would be a lot less fun if everything had to be realistic.)

Tl;dr, if you want everything to be realistic, this most certainly isn't your kind of game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, I know... but sometimes this is annoying when HUGE ASTEROIDS that spawn with big amount of recources.
    Everything you need you already got.
    Big and mineral rich asteroid. What else you need?
    Or an huge mineral rich planet.
    Game is boring when you have everything you need.
    When It's hard - It's hard and INTERESTING.
    Why I giving samples from IRL? Cuz 1 thing. It's hard IRL. And It's interesting IRL.
    (God damn it I wish I live in years of space expansion)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you think that a single asteroid gives you everything that you need, then you're obviously not thinking big enough. One could also argue that, if you're thinking in terms of building one of those little sentinel ships, you've already got everything you need as soon as you spawn: a ship core, a bit of hull, a generator, some engines, a weapons computer, and some guns. But what do you need if you want to build a massive capital ship that requires hundreds upon hundreds of hull blocks, as well as dozens of cores and engines to push it through space? Suddenly that asteroid isn't quite enough for your needs anymore. What if you want to use the stronger black hull pieces? Suddenly the price of your ship increases by a factor of ten.

Not to mention that if you need that much money, it would take a very long time to just float around and pick up all of the mineral blocks that you would need and you would run out of patience long before you reached your goal. In that event, you might want to invest in an array of very powerful salvage cannons, which could get very very expensive. Again, suddenly that asteroid doesn't exactly give you everything you need anymore.

It's all a matter of what your perspective is. If you think an asteroid gives you everything you need, you tend to be thinking very, very small relative to what you could be making.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/minedresources.jpg/
    Income per ASTEROID: 2.5 mils.
    I think this is enough for a huge mining machine or big battle cruiser.
    If you choose mining machine - you will mine asteroid in 5-10 mins.
    Think about it... And how it is EASY.

Reaction score
    I'll give you one thing, the mineral-to-rock ratio is a bit out of proportion, but calculate how many credits you can get from that and tell me how many generators you can afford, because any decent weapons system alone will cost much more than that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    2.5 mil per asteroid.
    2.500 generators 950 each.
    I'm building Ship for 2.5 mil worth ATM.
    I'll show results.
    I made Ship worth 2 mils ATM. And it's already too OP. Multi class ship
    Only thing I left to do is set up more generators and cover it with 5-10 layers of POWER hull.

Reaction score
    clearly if you are building a multi-class ship and saying it is OP you are playing singleplayer, not trying to fight off others during a multiplayer game. If you do not have enough shields, generators and armor, then a single shot from some peoples ships will obliterate your entire craft. Everything you are building for 2 million or 2.5 million I am sure there is somebody who has something, bigger stronger and designed for the purpose of eating your poor ship.
    I understand the wish for realism, but as it stands now the game is fun. Even though it is still in an infant stage of development it will over time grow. Look at Minecraft when it was first released as compared to now. The game is nowhere near finished, if you don't like how the game is programmed or want more realism, wait till the game is released or play a different game. Please don't knock the hard work that is being done on this game because it isn't what you want.

Reaction score
    The game is in Alpha stage, you can not ask for more. My opinion I like the planets as they are. The planets are not real but they have their charm.
    a greeting

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You just managed to cover what i have been trying to explain for the past 5-6 years about various games...

(BTW i am talking about the second paragraph)

Thankyou

Reaction score
    if you wish for realisim stop playing games and expirence real life and the whole reason games were made was to entertain people and let them expirence something that they cant of havent yet achived or expirenced and also think about the people working to make something for your own ammusement dont bring them down with the tinest of complaints

Reaction score
    This has been discussed already, and a decision has been made.

So no more of this: