Reactor Chamber Trouble

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    This pertains to the FTL Chambers in particular. I built 4 chambers for my ship to utilize, all of which exceed the size requirements by about 10%, and have proper connections to the reactor via the conduits. However, when specifying the individual chambers, I am ONLY able to choose the Base Jump Drive and Base Jump Inhibitor, thereby only utilizing 2/4 of the available chambers. I would like to use the other chambers but am not given the option to specify them at all. Is there a mechanic I am missing?

I’d like to add that even with the jump drive and jump inhibitor selected and leveled up to 9, I still have 55% RC available for use so that is not the limiting factor.

I hope someone has figured this out to pass along their wisdom!

Maybe there is an answer somewhere but I wasn’t able to find it.

Maramonster

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I've had some trouble figuring out the ins and outs of chambers myself. I've not done much with the FTL tree, so I'll have to take a gander in game.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    ?? .. yes .. that is correct ??
    there are only 2 base chamber options for ships .. if you have them both assigned on a reactor you cant assign a second one of the same type.

Maramonster

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Thanks for the clarification, is there any way to find that out in game?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It sounds like you are trying to make a separate chamber for each level; that's wrong.

Build one chamber that you then specialize, once you choose the specialization click the "level up" button in chamber menu.

Reactions: Anubis Evo
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    it doesnt state that clearly ... i think it was considered obvious from the tree diagrams
    Screenshot
    showing only one tree for each option ... and not a menu to add a chamber function
    yeah .. maybe that should be added in tutorial updates then

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Build one chamber then FROM that chamber and not from the reactor build your conduit to the other chamber. Like so you get access to the other specializations of the chamber.

Maramonster

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It sounds like you are trying to make a separate chamber for each level; that's wrong.

Build one chamber that you then specialize, once you choose the specialization click the "level up" button in chamber menu.
    Certain upgrades require extra chambers of the same type

Reaction score
    upload_2018-2-15_14-11-46.png

What your Physical chamber tree needs to look like. You connect one chamber to the reactor via conduit, then you connect 3 chambers to that one via 3 seperate other conduits (don't make one conduit that branches off into 3 connections either).

Maramonster

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    it doesnt state that clearly ... i think it was considered obvious from the tree
    Yeah, the blue vs green connections aren't really obvious as to what the intended difference is. If it wasn't for this thread, and the discord I'm apart of, I would've been completely lost.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Certain upgrades require extra chambers of the same type
    Nothing I wrote would suggest otherwise, but yeah.

Honestly, I think the tree is very well designed and intuitive. Of all the problems with this update, GUI and presentation of information is not one of them.

Maramonster

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Honestly, I think the tree is very well designed and intuitive. Of all the problems with this update, GUI and presentation of information is not one of them.
    Given the number of threads, and questions on at least one Discord server, I do feel that there needs to be more clarity with how reactor trees are built. The difference between blue and green connections isn't obvious among other intricacies with the system (min maxing reactor level for example).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    View attachment 47690

What your Physical chamber tree needs to look like. You connect one chamber to the reactor via conduit, then you connect 3 chambers to that one via 3 seperate other conduits (don't make one conduit that branches off into 3 connections either).
    This helped a lot with the visualization. I was under the impression that all the chambers needed to be connected directly to the reactor. There was nothing prior that said otherwise.

Thanks so much for the input everyone!