Rapid Flashers

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    My google-fu has failed me and I cannot find an appropriate logic thread for my problem.

I want to create a logic-clock-controller that creates a rapid pulse for a lighting system in my 0.199.217 single-player creative sandbox. I am thinking along the lines of on for 0.1 second, then off for 0.1 second, repeating.

I have downloaded and played with chain drives, to figure out the logic on how to use shoot-out rails to create a super-fast logic clock. However, when I test and build my own shoot-out logic clock system, my game can't keep up with the physics and after one or two back-and-forth cycles, the sub-entity goes flying off into the void. I am currently trying to play around with a rail speed controller, but I wanted to try to keep the logic clock compact (preferably 12 blocks or less), and so far, even a 1/25 speed (one activator connected to the speed controller on, and the other 24 connected activators off) still allows the subentity to fly off.

Does anybody have a solution or a SMENT for a compact rapid-clock (but not-too-rapid) controller?

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    First, Launch rail clocks no longer work. Flashing a light fast might not work well either since the lighting updates take longer now.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Here's a simple shootout rail clock. Just activate the activator to turn it on/off. Don't build/do much with it on, or have it under heavy lag, because it will break and it doesn't have pickup rails to fix itself.

Attachments

Reaction score
    Rail clocks do still work, though a rail rotator set to 45 deg a turn and maximum speed may be fast enough. If things are too fast run the signal through a chain of flip flops to half the frequency each time until you get a speed you like

Reactions: jayman38