Random Planet Generation like stations

Yes? no?

• Yes, all yes, sounds great

Votes: 2 18.2%
    • Yes, but only for the part of multiple planet format

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Yes, but the % need furthur discussion (of cause, that one is just an example)

Votes: 3 27.3%
    • Nope, I have a better solution

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Nope, but i like the Epic Huge Planet thing, i hate the current planet or the old disk

Votes: 3 27.3%
    • Nope, i only like the current planet

Votes: 1 9.1%
    • Nope, I only like the disk planet

• Huge Yes, just not the epic huge planet, loading sucks

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    So, there are many different planet ideas among the suggestion forum
    And WHY we can't have all of it? like we have the different stations, just a probability issue.

I mean, this is a universe, not every planet is rounded. There should be more forms.
    Why not......(for example)

40% current planet
    20% disk planet
    15% Valiant70's planet
    15% Cube planet
    10% Epic Huge Planet(see below)

Epic Huge Planet=another World. So it works like changing world in minecraft
    Instead of loading screen, we can have special effect like the one we are having for jump/warp effect
    The special effect is about heat generated when you pass through the atmosphere.
    So it blinds you for a short period of time with strong light cause by heat

This have a few advantages:
    1.)it draw super quick, just a image in the space, not blocks need to draw before entering the planet
    2.)it have a loading time, but it do not feel like loading with the effect screens.
    3.)With the planet in Minecraft way generated, each time it only
    need to generate the few thousand of block within your view distance. Super fast to generate/load
    4.)disabling "Star Eater"(the massive salvager), save the server from massive mining lag
    5.)we can have super big planet, maybe this (faction block can't control the whole planet, PvP war to fight for full control of the planet) would be a good thing with such huge planet

Disadvantage:
    1.) you can't have building punch through the atmosphere

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I'd guess the reason would be consistency for actual implementation. Except for "Epic Huge Planet" which won't happen because of the "seamless" philosophy the game's development follows. Even a transition is a loading screen, just dressed up in a way. I think Valiant70's planets would be amazing if they worked, and effectively cause flat, dodecahedron, and cubes to be obsolete in function since they could be massive and have theoretically good performance on top of that.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Originally, schema did not want SM to be another Untold Universe (which implemented what you said about super-huge planets)

But if all these things would just be a change of coordinates and rotations for planet plates...? I don't know if schema can really go against it while implementing mod support at the same time.

Reaction score
    Originally, schema did not want SM to be another Untold Universe (which implemented what you said about super-huge planets)

But if all these things would just be a change of coordinates and rotations for planet plates...? I don't know if schema can really go against it while implementing mod support at the same time.
    THIS SOUNDS SOMETHING

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    It would be kind of cool if we have rare cube planets like they had in SPORE. would kind of fit the blocky world better then the other ones.

Reaction score
    It would be kind of cool if we have rare cube planets like they had in SPORE. would kind of fit the blocky world better then the other ones.
    yes, that's what i mean, we should have different kind of planets, there is a group of people who enjoy cube planet so much