Ramming AI help? What happened to it?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    what happened to being able to get an ai to ram an enemy? You use to be able to use a damage pulse computer to do so, but now that doesn't even work at all even with out considering ramming on a ai, it will just make the ai use its thrusters to fly backwards for no apparent reason (I guess it is to get out of collision range?)

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    as an AI function it might have been OP but you can use a work around by using a defensive push clock. With wireless logic now we can switch it on and off when ever you need to

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    as an AI function it might have been OP but you can use a work around by using a defensive push clock. With wireless logic now we can switch it on and off when ever you need to
    What what do you mean? I've tried making a ramming explosive ai by using the new docking system and trying to push itself with another docked entitiy, but using a defensive push just makes it spin around.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    What what do you mean? I've tried making a ramming explosive ai by using the new docking system and trying to push itself with another docked entitiy, but using a defensive push just makes it spin around.
    well firstly what are you trying to make exactly? Your description is a bit confusing

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Ship that rams with warheads, but not just straight ahead, but tracking the target.
    Ok, then you need to attach another weapon system on board like cannons or missiles along with the defensive push clock. the game will use the weapon system as it guidance system while the defensive push propels the warhead ship into its target.

for the maximum AI detection range i would put a missile+Damage Beam combo but any weapon system besides damage pulse will do.

Reactions: kiddan
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok, then you need to attach another weapon system on board like cannons or missiles along with the defensive push clock. the game will use the weapon system as it guidance system while the defensive push propels the warhead ship into its target.

for the maximum AI detection range i would put a missile+Damage Beam combo but any weapon system besides damage pulse will do.
    See that's what I figured I had to do, but the way I've been implementing it it doesn't seem to work, can you be more specific in implementation/ provide visual examples?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!

I have had trouble doing this too, could you upload a prototype for us? Or provide a picture!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have had trouble doing this too, could you upload a prototype for us? Or provide a picture!
    Never mind, I figured it out, I thought you still wanted me to use two different docked entities, but I'll explain how I did it in case any one else needs to look this up (it is really hard to find)

1. Get core
    2. put ai module on core
    3. put power and thruster module on core
    4. put push *EFFECT* computer on ship with push effect module
    5. connect a activator block to the push EFFECT computer
    6. connect clock signal to the computer (easiest way is to connect a delay an not gate to eachother both ways, then connect one of those to the activator).
    7. Turn on the ai and watch it ram into the target
    8. Additionally one may want to put a wireless logic block on the ship and put an and gate to connect to the push activator in order to make sure you can activate the ai and test the push mechanism.
    it actually works really well, I was suprised.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Oh so do you mean the old torpedo trick i know that one, but i was wonder if like you said you could do this with multiple entries at same time on same entity!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Oh so do you mean the old torpedo trick i know that one, but i was wonder if like you said you could do this with multiple entries at same time on same entity!
    What do you mean torpedo? This actually locks on to the target and propels, it guides the entity to the target, also Im not sure what you mean by same time on same entity

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    What do you mean torpedo? This actually locks on to the target and propels, it guides the entity to the target, also Im not sure what you mean by same time on same entity
    Its called the torpedo trick because you could do it before the implanting of the guiding AI was added, anyway what i mean by multiple entities is a basically a swarm missile, missile! I thought that was what your were talking about when you said

"What what do you mean? I've tried making a ramming explosive ai by using the new docking system and trying to push itself with another docked entitiy, but using a defensive push just makes it spin around."

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Its called the torpedo trick because you could do it before the implanting of the guiding AI was added, anyway what i mean by multiple entities is a basically a swarm missile, missile! I thought that was what your were talking about when you said

"What what do you mean? I've tried making a ramming explosive ai by using the new docking system and trying to push itself with another docked entitiy, but using a defensive push just makes it spin around."
    I'm not sure how that would be useful, you would be better off just making a bunch and lanching them from a ship, but any way it would be made with the same principles in mind.

Create a new ship with drone docks for each of your missles, using the same mechanism you can launch these missles from the host missle, they would mostlikely target the same thing however and unless you made the max speeds different they would collide with eachother.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm not sure how that would be useful, you would be better off just making a bunch and lanching them from a ship, but any way it would be made with the same principles in mind.

Create a new ship with drone docks for each of your missles, using the same mechanism you can launch these missles from the host missle, they would mostlikely target the same thing however and unless you made the max speeds different they would collide with eachother.
    Dude you really don't understand anything.....

You're just wasting my time now!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Dude you really don't understand anything.....

You're just wasting my time now!
    Are you trolling me? Because it really looks like you're trolling me. You said you wanted a swarm missile missile, in the context of guided warheads, IE you didn't mean actual missiles that exist in the game, the best interpretation of what you said based on the context of the conversation that had already taken place was that you were talking about launching a warhead that launched more warheads. If this isn't what you meant then I'm sorry.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    will do, just need to figure out where its going to go. would probably need to make a more nicer looking one since this was meant to be informal
    I would recommend putting this as its own page or in either the warhead page or the push effect page, and you should definitely mention this on both of those pages regardless of where you end up putting it. Also might be a good time to update the warhead page in general, it contains practically no information, and information about damage output, even general damage like damage done by warheads increasing in groups is not noted, maybe talk about the damage output by shields, I don't know the specifics only rumors really, but it appears to do little to no damage to shields(from testing I did yesterday), and I've heard things ranging from warheads doing 5% shield damage to each doing 200 damage to shields each.