Rejected Rails as a option not a replacement

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So Schema if you really care about your player base heed this suggestion and bring back the ability to purchase turret docks from shops
    zigyzigy is right. This was a foolish comment. Again, no offense intended but it's the truth. The old turrets were inferior. They clipped, they had HUGE blind spots above them, and they were ugly in operation. It is now possible to build a turret with firing arcs greater than a full hemisphere. It's up to you, the player, to design a turret capable of that and mesh it to your ship. I personally think the rail update made this task easier, not harder.

It sounds like you have quite a bit to learn about the new system, but I think you should be able to handle it once you understand it better. Pay attention to examples by others and you'll be in business in no time!

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    As pointed out in this thread by a lot of community members already, there's a number of ways the issues suggested in the OP are either non-existent or have solutions that the new turret rail system can solve just by the way you design things.

I've placed the rejected tag on this thread, not to say your concerns aren't valid or that you don't have the right to voice your concern, but as the OP was specifically asking for the following in relation to the old turret docks:

bring back the ability to purchase turret docks from shops
    As we've already stated that we'll be phasing out the old docking for both docking and turrets, the above request won't be happening.

Reactions: Criss and Valiant70