Rail system fail on login

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Spent a bunch of time making a nice factory rail line with some ships spaced evenly on it.

Logged in to find a buncha the ships off the rail, now screwed up on the line, and all that work is totally pointless.

Is there a way to make it so ships we dock on rails won't disconnect or change orientation on the rail after we log out?

Thanks.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    +1, this happened last night after popping away from my sector then coming back:

for reference, at no point is the door meant to rotate

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Buggy new feature is buggier than normal.
    only thing I can think of is checking the rail docker to see if it lines up with the rail direction. Oddly I've never had this issue, so not sure what to tell ya.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    I assume this may be related to docked orientation and orientation of the rail.

With logic its possible to turn rails underneath a docked ship and make it move a different direction than the raildocker is pointing to,
    my first guess for this is:
    the orientations did not match, and on reload the timing went bad and it got "docked correctly according to raildocker and rail orientation",
    if you have a blueprint that does this repeatable in single player, feel free to contact us, we would glady try to debug this, but our testing for now only found working orientations, however there are 12 of them now, and this should result in 12 x 11 positions that may fail to save correctly or get corrupted on load, so if you found one of them, drop me a message, or supply a blueprint that has this.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I assume this may be related to docked orientation and orientation of the rail.

With logic its possible to turn rails underneath a docked ship and make it move a different direction than the raildocker is pointing to,
    my first guess for this is:
    the orientations did not match, and on reload the timing went bad and it got "docked correctly according to raildocker and rail orientation",
    if you have a blueprint that does this repeatable in single player, feel free to contact us, we would glady try to debug this, but our testing for now only found working orientations, however there are 12 of them now, and this should result in 12 x 11 positions that may fail to save correctly or get corrupted on load, so if you found one of them, drop me a message, or supply a blueprint that has this.

- Andy
    Sorry for the late reply, forgot about this.

As an update, i found containing the entity that was moving seemed to work (i.e. have an elevator surrounded by walls where possible. If I can get a BP that isn't borked which has this issue i'll send it across to you AndyP