Rail-less fast clock?

Reaction score
    I've seen the rail-rotator clocks, but does anyone have a design for a fast clock that doesn't use rail?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    For a clock that can turn on and off:
    activation(1) -> or(1) -> not -> delay -> activation(2) -> or(1)
    I havent worked on a way to refine it but its 5 blocks so not to bad

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    You can overclock the simple timer by linking it directly to 2 activation modules, linking the timer to a not, then linking the not to 2 activation modules, and linking the activation modules to a t-flip-flop. Repeat the process each time you want to double the speed, replacing the timer with the last t-flip-flop. I saw someone post this and it works great. Of course, I have yet to test this with complex logic.

EDIT: Came back with the original post: http://starmadedock.net/threads/try...ck-faster-for-a-push-effect.8662/#post-227572

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    You can overclock the simple timer by linking it directly to 2 activation modules, linking the timer to a not, then linking the not to 2 activation modules, and linking the activation modules to a t-flip-flop. Repeat the process each time you want to double the speed, replacing the timer with the last t-flip-flop. I saw someone post this and it works great. Of course, I have yet to test this with complex logic.

EDIT: Came back with the original post: http://starmadedock.net/threads/try...ck-faster-for-a-push-effect.8662/#post-227572
    That works, somewhat, but it causes issues in that it doesn't actually spread out its effects. Just because the number of times it effects a block per second was upped doesn't mean its speed was upped.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Oh, I see. I will have to do some testing when my computer issues are fixed.