Ragnarok Galaxy, Persistent RP, Dangerous Reavers, Active Community

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    General Inquiry here;
    Had a talk on Chat about things we hoped to see in the game somehow, and then we got to RP servers, and then GeneralEagleEye directed me here, so I'd figure I'd ask.

Was wondering if the server supported anything along the lines of logistics? I'm am not really a fan of combat, mining or shipbuilding per-say (I can do them fine, so long as computer co-operates), but am more interested in things like trade routes and management of numbers, etc (anything that I may need a spreadsheet for).

-Does the server suffer from the same do-all invincible homebase that does everything?
    -Do factions have a multitude of stations that need attending to?
    -Would I be permitted to hear about how the server fairs in terms of Player-trading? Is it just the 'on-request agreements' that happen on every server, or is there a central hub with designated pick up/drop off points in addition?

This probably seems random and out of the blue, but I figure it's better to ask then sit and wonder about it.

Reactions: CaptainTaz
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    General Inquiry here;
    Had a talk on Chat about things we hoped to see in the game somehow, and then we got to RP servers, and then GeneralEagleEye directed me here, so I'd figure I'd ask.

Was wondering if the server supported anything along the lines of logistics? I'm am not really a fan of combat, mining or shipbuilding per-say (I can do them fine, so long as computer co-operates), but am more interested in things like trade routes and management of numbers, etc (anything that I may need a spreadsheet for).

-Does the server suffer from the same do-all invincible homebase that does everything?
    -Would I be permitted to hear about how the server fairs in terms of Player-trading? Is it just the 'on-request agreements' that happen on every server, or is there a central hub with designated pick up/drop off points in addition?

This probably seems random and out of the blue, but I figure it's better to ask then sit and wonder about it.
    I like questions, and there's no question about the server that is totally out of bounds to ask (that I can think of)

Logistics. More than most servers, certainly. Other Rp servers likely have the same level here. We do add some rules that make it more prevalent as well.

Home bases are invincible unless FP runs out. However we require factions wanting catalog slots to construct separate stations or planet bases for that purpose. Likewise most gates are separate. Next question relates directly, most main factions do have multiple facilites.

Trade on demand is likewise common, there IS a trade center at spawn that is used often. I hope to increase that amount of use, once the main gate network is in place to major faction trade posts from the center.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I like questions, and there's no question about the server that is totally out of bounds to ask (that I can think of)

Logistics. More than most servers, certainly. Other Rp servers likely have the same level here. We do add some rules that make it more prevalent as well.

Home bases are invincible unless FP runs out. However we require factions wanting catalog slots to construct separate stations or planet bases for that purpose. Likewise most gates are separate. Next question relates directly, most main factions do have multiple facilites.

Trade on demand is likewise common, there IS a trade center at spawn that is used often. I hope to increase that amount of use, once the main gate network is in place to major faction trade posts from the center.
    I see, seems interesting already. May have to try giving it a try sometime, am looking to get back into servers/factions and am checking out the various options. Only thing really holding me back here is my lack of RP experience xD

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You along with way over half our players. Even some of our admins came with zero to start. Its pretty easy as long as you remember what you type is your astronaut avatar speaking and not "you".

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    That is my main issue, I have never been able to speak in anyway but my own. I am me and I speak for me, I failed every project that ever needed dialogue as a result because I could not find words for someone who was not me. Kinda trapped in a bubble by my own Morales xD will figure something out before/if I apply though.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    That is my main issue, I have never been able to speak in anyway but my own. I am me and I speak for me, I failed every project that ever needed dialogue as a result because I could not find words for someone who was not me. Kinda trapped in a bubble by my own Morales xD will figure something out before/if I apply though.
    Then play as, essentially, yourself :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Then play as, essentially, yourself :)
    That's how I used to go Orphaniel when I first started doing any type of RP. Then I began branching out from there.

CyberTao We all were there at one point or another, just takes a bit of practice and patience ^_^ I think its easier for some than others, but I'm sure everyone can do it if they try hard enough :P </end inspirational copy/paste speech>

Honestly though, in my opinion, I'd say start off as yourself and get a feel of how others have constructed their characters. Afterwards, decide if you wanna update your character or not like how I did.

http://ragnarokgalaxy.com/forums/topic/my-application/

As you can see here, I started out with just a basic, default character that reflected myself. Once I got a feel of the server and knew what kind of player I wanted to be, I re-booted them (As you can see if you scroll down to my second post)

Now, I went a bit overboard, but that's my writing habit ^^;

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    General Inquiry here;

Yes! I've been doing trading for a while. A year and a half, to be exact. The lack of shops makes for a good supply and demand relationship. You need to be quite creative to make money, though. I am the trade officer of Vanguard. Shields are in high demand, if you find some you could definitely sell some for a good profit. Currently there is one station, Fautin shipyards, that has something like 100 million credits and you could sell things to that place. There is one major faction that exports goods at a lower price, Caladan Industries, and I believe J n J mining company is about to open their shop. Vanguard (My faction) sells blueprints of small things like turrets and power designs in exchange for goods. As new player, I suggest buying scanners or shields from Caladan Industries (Their shop is closed due to a bug, but will reopen) and selling them to Fautin shipyards. I'm not sure of it's coordinates, but there is a warpgate to it from 16,26,4. Alternatively, you could visit each faction and ask if they need anything.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Ah yeah, you can actually trade Blueprints like an item now. This server also has limited/restricted Catalog space as well iirc, so BP selling/trading might be a big thing? Maybe?

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Ah yeah, you can actually trade Blueprints like an item now. This server also has limited/restricted Catalog space as well iirc, so BP selling/trading might be a big thing? Maybe?
    We've basically funded our faction with it. It isn't a bad trade, but you need to have good building skills first.

Reactions: CyberTao
    Reaction score
    Definitely interested in joining, but Idk how to make an account on the site. Most other proboards forums I've seen have a sign up function, this one doesn't. Any idea how?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Definitely interested in joining, but Idk how to make an account on the site. Most other proboards forums I've seen have a sign up function, this one doesn't. Any idea how?
    On the homepage, hover over 'log in' in the list that's at the left half when you open the page, then press 'register'.

Reaction score
    It's not working. I hovered the mouse over "login" on the main page, left bottom corner, no register option.

Also, I'd really like to do some sort of "rouge" Ixci character, one that was separated from the hive before hatching and kind of just hangs around neutrally, but I read somewhere that Ex-Reavers won't be accepted. So does a rouge/wild Ixci count?

Also, are Ixci capable of communication or do they need translators and stuff?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It's not working. I hovered the mouse over "login" on the main page, left bottom corner, no register option.

Also, I'd really like to do some sort of "rouge" Ixci character, one that was separated from the hive before hatching and kind of just hangs around neutrally, but I read somewhere that Ex-Reavers won't be accepted. So does a rouge/wild Ixci count?

Also, are Ixci capable of communication or do they need translators and stuff?
    You have to CLICK Log-in, and it should have a register option when the pop-up appears.

As for the Ixci, I'm not sure. I don't think reaver-only species can be used outside of the reavers. According to my friend Tyler, the Reavers all just go under one name to avoid shooting each other, and he says not many of them actually cooperate with each other unless there is actually a threat.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    All correct. The hover menu is on the top left however the one lower is for navigating away from long pages. You can click login and it'll offer the registration, or should. Its not proboards btw, it's homegrown wordpress.

As to ixci. They do need translators, they communicate among themselves with clicks and pheromones. You would have to write a really exemplary backstory to be allowed to play a non reavers one, and you would likely still have to deal with fear and prejudice besides.

Reaction score
    Clicked log in (Both the main page lower left one and the top right one), directly takes me to the login page but there is no registration function. Am I doing something wrong?

Also Lidren could a plot like this work as a base backstory?

- Ixci is born (as an egg)
    - Before hatching, hive is attacked, Ixci egg scattered with debris (Lacks memories of event)
    - Egg picked up by a salvager and transported to a research facility
    - Hatches during the transport journey
    - Escapes the ship near non-Reaver territory, cocoons up to survive void conditions

And then that's where the RP begins. That's just a basic storyline, but I'd like some feedback on it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It has the elements needed to pass. If its expanded properly id allow it no problem. Likely the bug would be held at least until it proved it was cognizant and not murderous. Here is a direct link to registration.

Reactions: CaptainTaz
    Reaction score
    It has the elements needed to pass. If its expanded properly id allow it no problem. Likely the bug would be held at least until it proved it was cognizant and not murderous. Here is a direct link to registration.
    It escaped the vessel while near non-Reaver territory and cocooned itself. I'm planning to make a small cocoon ship floating in the middle of space and waiting for someone to find it, but if you want it to be taken directly to a holding facility I guess that would work fine too. I'll start writing up the expanded version.