radar and shield systems

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    so i thought of shield and radar systems or upgrades
    1- RADARS. sys1- any building but it dosent show the type of building. sys2- recognizes types of buildings (shops,ships planets asteroids) but it will not tell is it enemy ally or neutral object. sys3- tells if the objects are enemy ally or neutral. sys4- tells what mineral are the most on the targeted asteroid and what kind of weapons are on the ship.

2- shields: bubble shields what makes the shot weaker and does less damage. you could be able to combine the default shields with buble shields.

comment what you think about it. :)

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I like the radar idea. I may implement something in that direction for the map system

There were bubble shields already before the current system. Bubble shields not very scalable and posed a huge performance loss for the collision system (people places 100+ bubbles).
    I may however build an additional single bubble shield besides the normal shields that enables players to bring up a huge shield bubble for a limited amount of time which will protect everything within the radius (allys). Stuff like that would be for support ships.

Reaction score
    A single control computer that can have the existing shield blocks linked to it. Now instead of generating the ships skin shield, they can drain power much faster to generate a large field (sheild size/regen bonus\'s based on box dimension?) To protect nearby allies...
    Your genious Schema!

Reaction score
    You could add a bubble shield to use on stations as well. That way you can protect docked ships, or ships that are just floating around the station.

Reaction score
    Bubble shields would make more sense to use on stations since they do not move and there can only be one per sector.
    Plus since stations are stationary, they can field a much more massive array of generators to power such a shield.
    I would also love to see a system to scan asteroids if schema would be willing, so that i can actually go exploring and find very rare minerals without mining out the entire field. Thus i could effectively ignore the very common minerals in sectors far away from my base and mine them at home while scouting out deposits of rarer minerals in distant fields to conserve the travel time needed to send out mining fleets everywhere just to find the rare ones.