Questions on how to protect my ship from Tiki Bob

Reaction score
    I have some functionality questions on how the game mechanics work in relation to ship security. I realize the best way to secure your ship is to dock it with your faction base.

Preconditions for scenario #1
    You are in space (not docked)
    You are in a ship without a faction module
    You log out of Starmade

Your ship is a persistent entity on the Starmade server

If someone (let’s call him Tiki Bob) finds your ship they can enter the core and do as they please.

Q1 – Can Tiki Bob use salvage cannons and suck up the ship or does he have to first overheat the core first?

Scenario #2
    Same as 1 but there is a faction module on the ship

Tiki Bob finds a ship in space so he locks his AMCs onto the faction block and opens fire.

Q2 – Does he first have to overcome the shields first?
    Q3 – Is breaking blocks on an unmanned ship considered a hostile act for AI turrets?
    Q4 – Do AI turrets on unmanned ships function when the pilot is offline?
    Q5 – If the ship was parked (but not docked) in front of a faction base would an aggressive act cause the faction bases’ turrets to open fire?

The reason I ask… Life without chain docking is hard.

I have started construction on my first large ship with multiple turrets. I would like to “anchor” my large ship within the defensive perimeter of my faction base and continue on with my construction efforts free from the possibility that I would log in and see an empty hull sitting on cinderblocks. Dang you Tiki Bob!!!

Thanks

-Rune

Reaction score
    Scenario #1

A1= Tiki Bob will have to knock down the shields and then overheat the core before salvaging to commence.

Scenario #2

A2= Yes Tiki Bob will have to knock down the shields before there can be any hull damage.]

A3= You cannot break blocks on a factioned ship until the core is overheating, so Tiki Bob will have to shoot down the shields and destroy the core, which is a hostile act to turrets.

A4= AI turrets are hard workers, regardless of whether or not you are online or off. don\'t forget to activate them though.

A5= Same as A4, Turrets will fire upon a hostile upon a present or previous hostile act.

My advice, if the ship isn\'t super big, make a box hangar to park it in, hulls or planet material and plex doors, makes it easier to store turreted ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Indeed, leaving the subject line blank causes your post to copy part of the first sentences and use that is it. Should be an example of this above my first sentence.

To clarify what a \"box hangar\" is, you basically take your indestructible home base and build a box big enough to literally hold the ship. One side of the box is a big door big enough for said ship to get through. Close the door once inside and the ship is safe even without being technically docked, since enemies cannot open other faction\'s doors unless they have permissions blocks.