Question new Roadmap

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Ive seen the Roadmap and think its a very good Idea to keep the Community informed about the game progress.
    Some things to check off from my suggestions listwhen theyr done
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/some-block-improvements.7063/

But some things were announced and simply miss it on the Roadmap.
    https://trello.com/b/9Kg5Jn6g/starmade-roadmap

AI improvements: Maybe its more important befor implementing a Fauna system isnt it?
    Questsystem and Singleplayer Features: I often see things get implemented in the Game for no practikal use or not finished like the Questsystem and stil missing on the Roadmap.

Sure now you could say why should we implement things, when people could implement it on theyr own when the API is released?
    In my opinion the Modding possibility should not be implemented til the Game reaches betastate or later.
    I know i will pull some angerness with that opinion, but why not giving the devs the chance to make a nearly perfekt game first befor changing and modding it?

I apreciate that the other things on my list found theyr place in the Roadmap.

Thanks for that,
    And thanks for keeping us informed

Greez BigEdge

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    The roadmap doesn't cover everything planned, it primarily covers features that are being worked on in the next few builds. Even still, not every feature currently being worked on is listed in the public roadmap, or if it is it's kept fairly vague, partly because we don't want to promise exact specifics while it's still being implemented, and partly because who doesn't love a good surprise.

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer
    Reaction score
    I love surprises! Does this mean we are all getting bow and ribbon wrapped presents with real starmade blocks inside the box at 2cm^3 size? If that is the case I will leave them all over the house between my kids room and the bathroom so they can step on them at night. Revenge will be mine!!!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The roadmap doesn't cover everything planned, it primarily covers features that are being worked on in the next few builds. Even still, not every feature currently being worked on is listed in the public roadmap, or if it is it's kept fairly vague, partly because we don't want to promise exact specifics while it's still being implemented, and partly because who doesn't love a good surprise.
    I'll just ask this here since it's kind of related to OP, but is there any love for single player on that vague roadmap? Preferably to do with AI factions or other AI ship controls in there? Just right now there's not a lot to do other than ship building.

Something building off of existing systems like being able to allow the spawn of AI ships in faction owned sectors, a config file for each faction that has the ships they are allowed to spawn as well as a numeric ally/enemy/neutral faction relations section for AI to use (as a possible example: a faction is given a rating between 0-5, a faction with rating of 1 is an ally with factions with a 0 rating, hates 4-5 rated factions, is neutral with factions rated 2-3) , random ship spawn chances per sector, ect, would at least give us something to create our own content with. Admin commands to get it setup would be fine, just some tools would be nice :)

I ask just because "Expanded Stellar Diversity" and "Fauna" seem to be the only things on the timeline that would add non build-mode related content and they sound mostly cosmetic, so it would be at least another year before something came our way given how heavy some of the roadmap items are. I understand and am excited for a lot of the stuff on the timeline, but atm this gigantic universe is pretty lifeless other than pirates and the occasional trader ship sadly.

Hmm my original few sentence post got huge :/

EDIT: Mentally translated Fauna into Flora. No idea why lol, so there will at least be a bit of content coming our way.

Last edited:

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I'll just ask this here since it's kind of related to OP, but is there any love for single player on that vague roadmap? Preferably to do with AI factions or other AI ship controls in there? Just right now there's not a lot to do other than ship building.

Something building off of existing systems like being able to allow the spawn of AI ships in faction owned sectors, a config file for each faction that has the ships they are allowed to spawn as well as a numeric ally/enemy/neutral faction relations section for AI to use (as a possible example: a faction is given a rating between 0-5, a faction with rating of 1 is an ally with factions with a 0 rating, hates 4-5 rated factions, is neutral with factions rated 2-3) , random ship spawn chances per sector, ect, would at least give us something to create our own content with. Admin commands to get it setup would be fine, just some tools would be nice :)

I ask just because "Expanded Stellar Diversity" and "Fauna" seem to be the only things on the timeline that would add non build-mode related content and they sound mostly cosmetic, so it would be at least another year before something came our way given how heavy some of the roadmap items are. I understand and am excited for a lot of the stuff on the timeline, but atm this gigantic universe is pretty lifeless other than pirates and the occasional trader ship sadly.

Hmm my original few sentence post got huge :/
    Understandable, and my focus when looking at our internal list of features and direction for the game has always been to make sure that whether you're playing on a server with others or just on your own, you're able to get just as much enjoyment out of it.

While some of the big items on the public list are still somewhat surrounding pvp and building, I'm all for expanding the other aspects of the game and making sure they bridge seamlessly between single player and multiplayer. The whole team is working on a bunch of new features, I for one just got done with rails but still have about 4 or 5 projects on the go at the same time. So while bringing brand new features is going to add to both SP and MP, those features that build off existing mechanics (like ships, building, and pvp) will appear to come quicker because they're not being built into the game from scratch.

Hope that makes sense.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Understandable, and my focus when looking at our internal list of features and direction for the game has always been to make sure that whether you're playing on a server with others or just on your own, you're able to get just as much enjoyment out of it.

While some of the big items on the public list are still somewhat surrounding pvp and building, I'm all for expanding the other aspects of the game and making sure they bridge seamlessly between single player and multiplayer. The whole team is working on a bunch of new features, I for one just got done with rails but still have about 4 or 5 projects on the go at the same time. So while bringing brand new features is going to add to both SP and MP, those features that build off existing mechanics (like ships, building, and pvp) will appear to come quicker because they're not being built into the game from scratch.

Hope that makes sense.
    It's all good I understand how dev works and am not screaming NOW or anything, just am glad that the team is keeping other content in mind. Just lately I find I'm falling into my The Sims habits. Spend ages in build mode but when it comes time to actually play and do stuff I'm twiddling my thumbs going now what and get bored in minutes.