Some Block Improvements

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hey guys,

after long time not playing, ive seen, that somethings changed in the game and thats great.
    But there are some things often suggested, but havnt changed.
    Here is a List of some suggestions ive got to the Game.

Gravity Blocks: there should be an Option in gravityblocks on a Station or ship to change between Gravity effect only to player who uses the module or change the gravity for everyone on the ship/station.

Logic: There should be an option to connect Activation Modules with a core to put it into the hotbar. So you dont have to leave the core to activate them.

Docking: I recognised, that there be some changes in the dev build for docking and turrets.
    I hope, that the old docking blocks are not necassary anymore with the great new system.
    Ive build a mech with two arms with guns on it and an upper body that rotates.
    But now the two arms dont really know who is the mainAI and the whole thing wobbles badly, when an enemy comes in. But both Arms hit the target ^^
    Please improve the AI to prevent the random wobbling.

Shields: Why isnt there an option to support turrets percentage wise (depending on the mass of the entity) with shields from the main ship/entity. I know supporting between entitys is hard enough to script, but isnt it possible to connect them in astronaut mode?
    There should be an option to connect a core from a Turret to the shields of the main ship and vice versa.
    to prevent that the turrets getting nearly invulnerable they should get only some of the shield from the main entity depending on theyr mass.

Astronaut Mode: Ive recognized the oprion to rotate blocks in astronaut mode and its great.
    But why i cannot connect Shields between entetys in astronaut mode?

Scanning: I miss a Scanning results window popping up, after scanning a sector

Forcefields: Forcefields should be animated

AI: The Artificial Intelligence should be improved. Ive seen so many players who wanna have a big drone Fleet for example that follows the commands to attack, cover, or just fly near the main ship or to send a drone somewhere to send it to another player for trading purposes for example ;)
    Most suggests ive seen, that there should be an option to bring them back to the docks/hangars of the main ship.

Lighting: Lights must lighten/luminate other entitys. Whith that feature could helmets get a maclight on for example and your not in the dark, when you dig down into planets.

Sounds: actually the ingame sounds are to less and to boring. ive watched the Trailer and i had to say, what a nice sounds, than after long time not playing the game i was very sad, that it still has the old and less sounds ingame.

Main Menu: Id like to have an all in one Menu. Somthing like this

I know this was suggested many times when the Game came to steam.
    Just press "Start Game" and the Game pops up. Not a second menu with settings pops up. Thats weird.

If i have missed something important, i will update this post.
    Hope that most of the suggestions ive wrote down here will get into the game, because that would make the Game greater and more spacey.
    If you got any improvements or critics to my suggestions please let me know.

Greez

Last edited:
    Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    really? oh then dont punch me *ducking*
    What do you think about the other suggestions?

Reaction score
    Your ideas are great, especially for the shield expanding to turret, since I play to StarMade I've waited for this kind of things. For the IA improvements, have you thought about auto-pilot ? Imagine you have a far distance to travel and a lot of to do on your ship. If auto-pilot was existing, you could program your ship to go somewhere with all the systems which it has access (thrust, jump drive, …).
    I let you with this ;)

Reaction score
    Shields: Why isnt there an option to support turrets percentage wise (depending on the mass of the entity) with shields from the main ship/entity. I know supporting between entitys is hard enough to script, but isnt it possible to connect them in astronaut mode?
    There should be an option to connect a core from a Turret to the shields of the main ship and vice versa.
    to prevent that the turrets getting nearly invulnerable they should get only some of the shield from the main entity depending on theyr mass.
    Already planned with the new docking system... read the dev log again if you don't believe me.

Not when I last tried. They weren't even transparent in the Default-64 yesterday (Glass doors were!)
    Funny... I am using default 128 and the force fields are transparent...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Done Shield supports Turrets now in the newest Dev Build

One suggestion done, 10 left

thanks to the cat and the new coders
    [DOUBLEPOST=1429830502,1429830316][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Your ideas are great, especially for the shield expanding to turret, since I play to StarMade I've waited for this kind of things. For the IA improvements, have you thought about auto-pilot ? Imagine you have a far distance to travel and a lot of to do on your ship. If auto-pilot was existing, you could program your ship to go somewhere with all the systems which it has access (thrust, jump drive, …).
    I let you with this ;)
    Autopilot would be in that suggestion too. You can take a seat in one of the drones or ships or something and tell the AI to Fly to a location or destroy the enemy ^^

but for that it would be nice if the AI dont fight like a sitting duck when they get a hit...
    they should fly around and make evasive maneuver or something