Question about looting Pirate stations

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hi All,

In the latest builds something has me puzzled, let me explain.
    When I create a (home) base on a planet or as a new space station I like to 'clean up' the area by destroying any pirate base(s) that I find too close for comfort.
    So, after taking out the turrets and whatever defenses are in place in such pirate settling I want to reap the spoils of war and loot the place, only to discover I can't, since the station has a faction module installed that can't be destroyed.
    I can understand that in multi-player mode this can be viable for player factions so those can't be wiped out, certainly when it's a dedicated home base, but why is this the case too for npc's like pirates, certainly in single-player mode.
    A few build versions before, I believe up and including 0.172 this looting was certainly doable and quite rewarding, so is this now not possible anymore, or am I missing something?

Greets,

Jan

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Faction modules get a pretty huge amount of armor,
    make sure you have a weapon with enough damage to harm it.

Increase your weapon damage to harm it, and add weapon blocks until you see any other number than 0 on hitting it.
    (Cannon supported by cannon, is fast firing, and very low damage, unlinking the two computers and temporary group all cannon modules into one computer should do the task. =)

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ah right, I was actually using guided missiles, but that's beside the point.
    So more punch is required, right, back to the drawing board. Thanks for the info. ;)

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The Faction module has an armour rating of 99%, which in effect means that to do even 1 damage to it per shot, you must have an individual projectile damage of over 100, and to destroy it you must do a total of 255 damage to it from all shots. Every 100 increase on top of this will result in 1 extra damage per shot. Effectively this makes the faction block incredibly OP with 25,500 EHP, the highest in the game by far.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yup, I finally got it destroyed two points at the time by unlinking the two cannon arrays and use them intermittent separately. ;)
    I presume this high rating is something added to the latest builds, the previous time I did this - with 0.172 or earlier, I'm not absolutely sure - it wasn't that hard to destroy a faction block in a pirate station.

Btw, I found a pile of blocks in a chest in that station called 'placeholder', I presume that one was missed in some way when filling up the chests there. :)

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    I think so. I don't recall having that hard of a time destroying them before, but that was before the weapons overhaul