Quantum Comet Shipyards

Reaction score
    Here at QC Labs we've been testing a highly classified modified Tai Hao 100 to improve mining efficiency. Results of comparison between new Tai Hao 50 and modified Tai Hao 100 can be seen in the picture below. In addition, research indicates that a complex cargo pull system can be implemented from farthest entities to core.

Another still classified project is related to development of Tai Hao 25. Here is a rig of RCTS-system (Random Cargo Transfer System) in action. It's based on rotatory clocks and some quite randomly connected logic modules. The advantages of RCTS compared to actually optimized logics include easy construction, low mass and size requirements.

Reactions: Top 4ce and Gasboy

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I do get a kick out of seeing my containers in other people's stuff. :D And those are great salvagers, by the way. :)

Reactions: unelsson
    Reaction score
    QC's Engineering Department's Senior Systems Engineer rathos decided to push the limits of the computer systems, and designed a full storage transfer system for Model 50, thereby facilitating the birth of a new Model 51!

New controls might take a while to master, but the fundamental principles are simple:

Filling Cargo and Cargo containers (eg. when salvaging)
    - Activate Storage Chute Transfer to get cargo moving from salvager arms to main storage. Make sure that Storage Dump is disabled.
    - If main hull cargo space is getting full, activate Storage Dump to move cargo from main storage to GS-cargo modules. Mind that this will stop the Storage Chute Transfer system. Also make sure that direction switch is set to Load Cargo (not Load Ship/Unload Cargo).

Emptying Storage Containers to main hull
    - Disable Storage Dump, Set Direction control to Load Ship/Unload Cargo.

Unloading Cargo from main hull to Station*
    - Dock to a station (via USD-1), activate Storage Dump.

* It is of course possible to just undock the cargo modules, but keep in mind that wireless controls to cargo modules have to be updated when changing cargo modules to ensure proper operation of Cargo Transfer Direction Control.

It is fundamentally the same as 50, but has a USD-1 docking port, and full logic controlled storage cargo chute (storage pull system).
    Tai Hao 50 (Standard)

Reactions: Gasboy
    Reaction score
    I'm surprised I did this! Tai Hao 100 S (S for Super). Features:
    - Multiple times the salvaging power as original Tai Hao 100!
    - An automated binary clocked cargo pull system
    - four QC-branded GS Cargo Containers
    - 2 USD-1 ports
    - Bottom airlock and mainteinance access
    Tai Hao 100 (Standard) Super

Edit: I'm counting a maximum of 100 blocks of penetration in a one circle, and an asteroid-wide penetration of approximately 15 blocks!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Striking on fighter/bomber market, Quantum Comet now releases QC Kanshou. Features heavy armaments, strong shields, warhead torpedoes, missile countermeasures, overdrive and a thrust ratio of 2.3! Not to mention the cool yellow engines! You just got to get a fleet of these!

QC Kanshou Fighter

Reactions: Top 4ce
    Reaction score
    Finished side armor. Top armor build proceeding fine.. AMS turret and weapon system tuning...

Reaction score
    More detail. Human resources unit has obviously done well in recruiting new designers. On feature-side we've managed to create a retractable USD-1 port, fore beams and cannons for capital ship battles, various missile configurations, and as is clear in one of the pictures, the armor system is designed in docked layers and the mirror side is still lacking quite some. For ease of use (well, to reduce lag...) we are trying to keep the overall docked module count low though.

Reactions: Scypio
    Reaction score
    Took some tweaking to make carrier mechanics work.. Lots of surprises like bugs with sector borders, rail textures pointing the wrong direction and apparently the fact that carrier has to be the mothership and you can't make a dock to armor module (as I did before). Finally though everything seems to work!

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    I've done a work-around with that "needs to be flagship" thing by having the "flagship" as a mainly-rail entity docked to the "mothership" and using floating pickup points and such to get the parasites to go where they need to. There is a side-benefit in that you can have the picup points and rails REALLY far from the mothership, and NOT have your maneuvering profile penalized by the larger boxdim.

Reaction score
    Oh that works? I had that thought go through my mind but I abandoned it cause I read somewhere that mothership can't be docked when using carrier recall.

It's kind of strange though if docked entities don't count for boxdim. And even stranger if invisible rails do count.

Thanks! Useful information.

Reaction score
    QC's new fighter models! Cheap! Now! Original designs! Not copy!

edit: (/rpg-end) Just made a compilation of random fighters from Community Content. Look at the size difference omg!

Reaction score
    Finishing stages...

We broke the whole USD-port rail system while doing final finishing stages for the armor cover. Had to rip off and rebuild the case for the USD-port completely, but finally it's past that and we've been able to continue working on finishing steps. These images are now from the very last phases. Honestly though, I can't find much to dabble any more, but lets see if our designer-technicians will still find something. Sitting somewhere at 8 million shields, and double layered armor, QC Zongse Jiangguo should be able to take some good deal of punishment.

Using modified GModism turrets on the side and top. CAN YOU SPOT WHICH ONE? :)

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    QC's new fighter models! Cheap! Now! Original designs! Not copy!

edit: (/rpg-end) Just made a compilation of random fighters from Community Content. Look at the size difference omg!
    Sweet, one of mine is in there. :D

And that's a very nice looking mothership you have there.