- cargo pull system, shield system and jump drive

Model 100
    Tai Hao 100 (Standard)
    - shield system and jump drive

Model 106
    In development
    - cargo pull system, shield system and jump drive

Related to Tai Hao -models
    Cargo container for GS-91-1000-STANDARD (Quantum Comet branded)

QC Thraul
    Class: Armored freighter
    Systems: Auto-repair system, Jump drive, Radar Jammer
    Power: 150k (regen 80k/sec)
    Defense: Shield HP 110k (recharge apprx. 4k/sec), Armor HP 497k
    Armaments: 2x missile turrets, 2x expl. beam (6,7k dam/sec each)
    DL https://starmadedock.net/content/qc-thraul.4380/download?version=5729

QC Thraul is a well equipped freighter, designed for secure transport of precious goods. This corvette-sized ship comes with standard armor and approximately 100k shields. Explosive beams and missile turrets give enough offensive ability to keep pirates at bay. For quick repairs even when trade guild stations aren't available, QC shipyards have fitted this ship with special rotatory auto-repair -sled that can bring your ship quickly back in operation even after taking hull damage.

QC Weebie
    Class: Luxury Corvette / Passenger ship
    Systems: fitted for customer
    Armaments: none

QC Weebie is an affordable luxury corvette and a passenger transport. Perfect for small companies or private businessmen operating in civilized space.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    Thanks! I worked on it a bit and uploaded a few more pictures. Trying not to overdo the decorations.

Reaction score
    25/2/2016 QC Thraul added and pics moved to imgurl for easy viewing. All ships come with just bare minimum systems installed.

26/2/2016 added systems, lightning, description, new pics

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Interiors pretty much finished, weapons tuned for first release. Quantum Comets is proudly shipping first Thrauls for customers and ship reviewers.

Reaction score
    QC Rocketboi
    Class: Personal Scout (fighter/drone size), 22.4 mass
    Systems: Afterburner (push effect), Overdrive 50% (max speed boost), docked shield supply wings, cargo space
    Power: 50k, 1,5k recharge
    Thrust: Max speed 225 (without overdrive), Thrust-to-mass 2.5
    Defense: Shield HP 1k, Armor HP 497k
    Armaments: Cannon system (150DPS)

QC Rocketboi is an affordable personal scout fitted with versatile systems for personal use. Highlight features include shielded rail-docked wings with shield supply beams to core, well-sized personal cargo space and afterburner and overdrive systems for acceleration and speed. QC Rocketboi is built for personal safety, but not intended for combat.

Reaction score
    Started to work on a rail mechanism for a salvager ship. It's not too pretty yet though... The idea is to have a rotating flower that can be shut and opened. As the whole salvager array rotates it can cover a wider area than it would if it was fixed.

Reaction score
    While attaching all four salvager leaves to previous design, I was attacked by pirates, and as I wasn't really satisfied with my previous ship I hadn't saved the blueprint. Henceforth, flowery salvager design is no more.

Started working on another salvager design, and although there's a lot of work to do, the main mechanism is now ready! I wanted to have a hangar incorporated into it, so this one got a bit too big to be a starter ship, so after I finish this I have plans to downsize the salvager design for use as a starter/early ship on public servers.

Reaction score
    Salvager rails seem to get stuck for no reason. Whole rail system suddenly goes numb, and nothing moves. Design attached.

I'll report this as a bug, as I've witnessed these exact rails working for multiple tests.

edit: Hmm.. Or then I won't report this as updating the game solves the problem. Apparently rail deadlocks is a known issue?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Oh boy I'd really like to finish this ship. Anyways... Worked on airlocks, top bridge, and wiring for salvager system. Started interior design, including reactors, hangar etc.. The bow of the ship folds into a hangar corridor when not used as a salvager.

Testing testing...

Reactions: Scypio
    Reaction score
    Thank you! Now, for a release. Tai Hao 100 (Standard)

The whole goal was to make a rotatory salvager that is fully operable and complete, but as cheap as possible. Last tweaks were of salvaging effectivity and I was thinking of an actually effective cargo system, but unfortunately all that pulling and not pulling would require insane amounts of logic or manual button pressing, just to move cargo from the farthest rail-connected entity to core. There would still easily be space for rail-connectable cargo modules, but it's going to have to wait.. Maybe it's worth it if there's an update regarding cargo systems at some point. And sure, why is it not recharging better? Well... It's cheap! That's why. :D Buy QC Tai Hao 100 Deluxe or Secure for shield and turret systems.

Reaction score
    We here at QC are serious about salvaging efficiency, and run constant test to ensure that our salvagers are optimized properly. After some tweaking made for Tai Hao 100, we have greatly improved the mining efficiency at core and outer rings. In picture below we can clearly see the difference in area between rotatory salvaging, and traditional fixed salvaging.

Sure, some might argue that asteroids of suitable size for Tai Hao 100 are very rare, but oncoming models Tai Hao 50, and 25 will surely address that problem.

Reaction score
    Design of Tai Hao 50 has begun. Heaviest salvaging power is optimized at radius 30 blocks (diameter 60), and up to radius 40 (diameter 80). That is, Tai Hao 50 will work best at asteroid salvaging. As the newest addition to Tai Hao series, model 50 should have at least around quadruple salvaging power per area when compared to model 100. Model 50 can carry up to two GS-cargo modules, but shorter mining operations can rely on moderately sized internal cargo bay.

update:

Last edited:
    Reactions: Gasboy
    Reaction score
    Tai Hao 50 Standard, the mid-sized child of the family. It's still fairly cheap (shield systems and jump drive are the biggest cost I think) and this one is really optimized for asteroid mining. I tried to limit the size and costs, but then get as much punch from the salvage modules as possible.
    Tai Hao 50 (Standard)

And did use Gasboy's Cargo modules, and they are now bundled by default (unless the original creator minds).

Here is a pic for demonstration.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Tai Hao 50 Standard, the mid-sized child of the family. It's still fairly cheap (shield systems and jump drive are the biggest cost I think) and this one is really optimized for asteroid mining. I tried to limit the size and costs, but then get as much punch from the salvage modules as possible.
    Tai Hao 50 (Standard)

And did use Gasboy's Cargo modules, and they are now bundled by default (unless the original creator minds).

Here is a pic for demonstration.
    I don't mind at all. :) Feel free to use them in your creations.

Reactions: Calhoun