PvP / PvE / RP Poll

What type of server do you prefer to play on? Select all that apply.

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Brierie has some sort of restrictions - not really big ones but just read :

My old faction leader said I am not allowed to build a station inside a advanced shop docked forcefield bubble. He said he talked to the admin and this falls under exploiting the game mechanics as only the HB is allowed to be protected.

BSMO 10-05 Update Exploit

A) Brierie's StarMade server is a VANILLA ONLY server in which the Brierie Staff and its residents are accustomed to playing.
    • Using a found exploit to alter the game in anyway is a Ban-able Offense. This offense is NOT up for appeal.
    • Stumbling onto an exploit is not an offense so long as the exploit is reported and that exploit is not used again.
    Further more Brierie has a no lag rule and a ship size limit of 1500m, and a turret size limit of 500m. The later two I would not see as restrictions, but the "no lag rule" does apply to swarm spammers and the likes I think...

So yeah, Brierie is in some way an open world pvp server with no restrictions...

But I really feel like the "building a station and let it protect from an advanced shop docked hull equals exploiting the game" is a really big restriction...

Can someone else confirm how Brierie handles the advanced shop advantages?

Even though it was somewhat funny, I left that faction where the owner claimed like 10 said advanced shop and blocked all rail ports with some special manufactured station (no active players but the faction owner =( )

So the station is the stuff inside the blue forcefield. The docking port you see there can be retracted and the outer bubble closes then the open hole as well with a glass door.
    View attachment 40340View attachment 40341
    deactivated forcefield:
    View attachment 40345
    So when I heard that I was not allowed to build such station, I felt really restricted. I know its not a real restriction, but for me it was like: "hey Starmade is a sandbox for me and pushing its game mechanic limits is one way of playing it for me; and I had this really nice game mechanic idea, and really engineered some nice expanding docking port that comes out of the advanced shops bubble - and now I hear that this station just might get deleted. =("
    I'm pretty sure the owner updated it so that you can build anything, just as long as it doesn't lag, regarding building.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Can someone else confirm how Brierie handles the advanced shop advantages?
    I'm pretty sure the owner updated it so that you can build anything, just as long as it doesn't lag, regarding building.
    Brierie is owned by Alicheek. I have never directly spoken to him. He has Admin rights on the server but you almost never see him. The server has had many other Admins. But no one stayed Admin very long. It is a very demanding and ultimately draining job doing the same thing over and over. The command chain can also get in the way as you need to get a hold of Alicheek every time a setting needs a tweak. Something you do a lot in StarMade. For a lot of settings you need direct file access. You can not do this from within the game using commands.

Each Admin has had there own view of how to run StarMade. Most made changes to the server to suit their style. This is natural being the guy in charge lets you at least partially set things so you can manage them. Each Admin also interprets the rules in their own way. Currently "last checked a few days ago" Brierie has no Admin. The last Admin being Muhnator/Broxi who became Admin after OmegaGame and the latest server reset.

As far as i know you can use the Advanced shop to safely dock your ships. I do this as well. You can even add some structure though it will offcourse still be a docked ship. You can not place things like factories on a ship. Using the docked ship to extend over a station near by. So it can not be attacked breaks the game: You can only have one Home Base rule.

You are going to have to ask a future Admin of Brierie on how he/she looks at that. I know the person who designed the station "it is a docked ship looking like a station" around the shop. He designs very good looking stuff. Though i had not yet seen the force field bubble part to cover an extra real spawned station below it.

Try not to use the rails on the Advanced Shop at 2 2 2. This one is special because it is often in a protected sector.

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    ... a station inside a advanced shop docked forcefield bubble..

So the station is the stuff inside the blue forcefield. The docking port you see there can be retracted and the outer bubble closes then the open hole as well with a glass door.
    View attachment 40340
    Just an FYI that the 'station-in-an-invulnerable-bubble' tech is laughably insecure.

Reaction score
    Just an FYI that the 'station-in-an-invulnerable-bubble' tech is laughably insecure.
    Yah thats totally true, but for the small factory I wanted to put there absolutely fine. I would produce my stuff there worth 10millions of credits and then pull the processed items right into my ship again. If the station would ve been destroyed I could just build a new one. Ofcourse I know, that it's not totally safe. BUT you don't need that much safety if there isn't so much to steal from in the first place. =) I mean ofcourse, and I agree with that, within two weeks some dude wants to beat the "get inside that bubble" challenge, and then the station will be gone.

I was still very happy about the role play idea of this bubble. Hey look there was, after opening the glass door, even a docking tunnel extending out of the bubble via remote control. I found it pretty cool.

Reaction score
    Try not to use the rails on the Advanced Shop at 2 2 2. This one is special because it is often in a protected sector.
    the terribly evil faction magitek knights currently has a docking extender attached to 2,2,2 anyway. those evil people. theres also a free box of starter stuff available there for new people who get stuck with no shop items.

You are going to have to ask a future Admin of Brierie on how he/she looks at that. I know the person who designed the station "it is a docked ship looking like a station" around the shop. He designs very good looking stuff. Though i had not yet seen the force field bubble part to cover an extra real spawned station below it.
    this is malcorian empire, mordrin if i remember right. the bubble idea of course doesnt wotk except for people who arent malicious, but its still super cool in theory and provides moderate protection for a temp factory far from your main base

Reaction score
    lolwut I said I pull the processed ressources right back into my ship again. The station would had have only some small cargo nothing worth 10 mill. I said I wanted to process stuff worth 10 million not store there. :D I just wanted to say the ability to process stuff is valuable to me and having it set up so it doesnt get blown up every 2 or 3 day but within 2 weeks is a benefit imo. And it was about style ofc.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    the terribly evil faction magitek knights currently has a docking extender attached to 2,2,2 anyway. those evil people. theres also a free box of starter stuff available there for new people who get stuck with no shop items.
    It's a Trap! It's a Trap! :cautious::-p:love:

Sector 2 2 2 is a sector for everyone. You should not be able to get an indestructible parking spot on the pilon shop there. An Admin should place dock blockers on the rails and set the faction of those to the Trading Guild. In general you also do not want anything floating in 2 2 2. Since that sector pretty much always has people in it. That means it is always loaded and will effect server performance if there is a lot of stuff just sitting there. Regardless of what your intention is good/bad. That is offcourse my own personal opinion.

Reaction score
    According to what I've seen at 2 2 2 on Brie in the past, there seems to be a tendency of at least one big ship from Magitek docked there almost constantly. Telling them to remove them accomplishes nothing, since they comply with admin requests and are willing to remove them, but after a few days, they seem to bring them back again.

And despite having multiple admin, Alicheek as the owner is the only one with access to the server files. If problems with the server itself arise, the other admin are only capable of shutting down the server and it has to be restarted either by Alicheek or in case of a crash, an automated script residing on the server. Most of the time, if the server was down, everyone was in a waiting pattern, until Alicheek got around to restarting the server, or actually taking a look at it.

Reaction score
    I try to play on GenXnova now. The admins seem to be pretty active and polite, and the building style is very advanced. They have pvp there, but with real restrictions, like not shooting to grief unprotected stations even in the pvp sector, noob protection and gentlemens rules. Like playing the dread pirate challenge but everyone on the server agreed to it. Let's see how it goes.

I would like to play on Brierie only for the active player numbers...But it's just not playable if my Starmade crashes or gets a server timeout every 10 minutes. That's nothing I waste my freetime with for too long.

Reaction score
    According to what I've seen at 2 2 2 on Brie in the past, there seems to be a tendency of at least one big ship from Magitek docked there almost constantly. Telling them to remove them accomplishes nothing, since they comply with admin requests and are willing to remove them, but after a few days, they seem to bring them back again.
    ive literally never docked a large ship at spawn, and on brie im a solo faction. ive also never had an admin on brie ask me to remove anything from anywhere, ever.