In Developement pvp and pve to boring

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I love starmade but after playing way to many hours, I must confess...

I find pvp boring...

Dont get me wrong I love the customization we have now, so heres my suggestion to improve pvp

- Actual Laser Sound effects, the laser sound effects we have now, sound not only like its a stun gun
    but they also rarely play.

- Bigger and Glowier Lasers, Lasers have to be atleast 8x8 cm bigger than they are now
    and they need to actually glow and be slightly longer
    so lets add some sexy volumetric lights and make the lasers 2 times longer

Asset Store

these 2 simple yet crucial things are a must to spice up fleet combat
    [DOUBLEPOST=1454284846,1454284783][/DOUBLEPOST]Note: I know the game isnt build into Unity, but its just so people understand what I mean with volumetric lights

TBB

Reaction score
    I don't know if that's about to fix the issue. Reality is that Starmade at the moment is more of a tech demo than a game. So things can get boring pretty quickly more often than it being interesting. However, there is so much variety in the gameplay mechanics that at the first many hours you don't even realize that there is no gameplay yet. Al you can do is entertain yourself or your friends.

But I got to admit I really get annoyed, maybe you could even say frustrated, about the sound effects. I think they're awesome, only they scare you death when you hear them just because you're not used to hearing something in game. But who knows, maybe it's something with the new audio. It's right now that I think about that...

All in all I agree this will help a bit, but as always. You tweak the machine only when it's functional. And Starmade is only playable. Not functional... But I'll take a look if it is modifiable... (I'm probably not about to mod it though.)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    While I'd love some better sound effects, the lack of good sound is NOT the reason PvP is boring at the moment.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    My suggestion to make pvp more interesting would be to make it more worthwhile to actually engage other players in battle, like some sort or reward system. The obvious answer would be to earn credits or fp for sinking enemy ships. You could also add a kill score, which other players could see, but this is really just a number and only shows how good (or lucky) a pilot you are.

Open to other suggestions, if pvp can be profitable then it would be more fun.