PSA Power V2 and Stations.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    One of our players just removed old power from his home station. It asked to reboot the station and when reboot completed the whole station vanished leaving just his docked entities floating in space. He's lost everything. I believe this is because the entities were not upgraded to new power. Just thought I would get this out there ASAP. Nothing has been confirmed or tested as of yet but heads up.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    This is what happens when you push a new update without properly testing it first

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    Who would do testing for Shine now though?

Reaction score
    One of our players just removed old power from his home station. It asked to reboot the station and when reboot completed the whole station vanished leaving just his docked entities floating in space. He's lost everything. I believe this is because the entities were not upgraded to new power. Just thought I would get this out there ASAP. Nothing has been confirmed or tested as of yet but heads up.
    server.cfg
    REMOVE_ENTITIES_WITH_INCONSISTENT_BLOCKS = false //null

"setting this to false should prevent things like that from happening"

looks like this is not the same problem i encountered in the dev builds.
    the solution worked for me then but did not work on the release build on the server i played.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Now this news really makes me shy away from trying to build new stuff... Should I wait 2 more months until all bugs are fixed? asdf...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    REMOVE_ENTITIES_WITH_INCONSISTENT_BLOCKS = false //null
    has been set to false before the update (and persisted after update)
    Station vanished anyway.
    With old power system. And with new power system.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    We're looking into it. I can partially reproduce it, but not with the exact same steps to reproduce as mentioned in the OP.

Seems the 1 RHP / 1 RHP does not get flagged properly when you put down an old power block again. The reboot menu for it does not respond either. Only way to prevent overheating in this scenario would be to use the admin command /entity_reboot.

I can only reproduce this if you have no old power and no new power on an entity, and only then place down an old power block again.
    Placing new power after cleaning up all the old power works and stays fine.

Reaction score
    Happened to me and my dad too.

I properly changed the power system of my station to the new reactor type, worked fine. Then a while later i decided to try and put a "power (old)" to decorate something.
    The instant i click : ownership of sector revoked, faction home revoked, ownership of station revoked, and the station was overheating, it disappeared at the end of the countdown.

I was able to make the overheating station part of my faction again, made it my faction home and claimed the sector on the faction bloc, but it wouldn't let me stop it from overheating.

My dad's station was also moved to the new system properly, but i don't know how it disapeared. My dad went mining and came back to nothing. Also he didn't save any blueprint of his station and lost everything he worked on this whole week ...