Read by Schine Prevent salvaging on any entity that has sheild regeneration

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Based on the feedback from https://starmadedock.net/threads/in...-normally-would-be-allowed.22702/#post-258401 I've made this post.

Currently, regardless if an asteroid or planet plate entity is fractioned, it is still possible to salvage that entity. This is a very cheap way of destroying planetary or asteroid bases before defenses have a chance to work against the attacker.

To solve this in a way that makes sense, and doesn't require adding another block to the game, the game would not allow salvaging if an entity has shield regeneration ability. Block removals would have to be done in build mode, or blasted with a cutting torch or laser. At a minimum it would require that the entity has a power reactor, shield generator (or ship core), and not be overheating.

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Wait what????
    As far as Im aware, you can only salvage unfactioned/overheating entities.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Unfortunately, that's not true. Asteroids and planets, even with shields, can be wiped out with salvage beams. Faction block or none.
    Im not sure about asteroids, but on planets a faction block only factions one 'Plate'.
    Thus you would need to faction each individual face to stop any mining occurring.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Im not sure about asteroids, but on planets a faction block only factions one 'Plate'.
    Thus you would need to faction each individual face to stop any mining occurring.
    Incorrect. This was discussed here: https://starmadedock.net/threads/in...-normally-would-be-allowed.22702/#post-258401
    Faction blocks do not prevent salvaging. It can still be done. That is why I suggested tying this to the presence of a shield generator to protect an entity from salvaging-- either by a ship's or astronaut's beam.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I suggest you report this to the Starmade Bug Tracker: http://phab.starma.de/maniphest/task/create/
    Unfortunately it doesn't quite fall under the rules they've st for posting bugs. Just like the bug in gameplay where, if you loose all your gear, including your power beam, it's impossible to build a new ship, regardless of how many minerals you've mined. Something else I've posed many suggestions to fix, including: https://starmadedock.net/threads/su...ry-insteadof-basic-factory.22424/#post-256333 which makes the most sense IMO, and could be implemented in a day or less.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Why would you fix this by doing that?
    That's like if someone shoots someone else you chop off their hands instead of putting them in jail.
    Just make it so you cant salvage factioned planet plates.

Reaction score
    Maybe you can put this down to the pro's and con's of building a base on a asteroid/planet.

Gives stations abit more purpose

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    This is probably an oversight due to how salvaging works with ships. A ship needs to overheat in order to be salvageable. Planets do not overheat so there was probably no protection added against salvaging them while they are factioned. For now I would consider this a bug and you should report your experience to the bug tracker. The people that could give me a definitive answer to this are not available so I cannot tell you any more.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If overheating prevents shield regen and salvage does damage to shields like 1/10 a beam, the issue would be sufficiently solved.

Reaction score
    Unfortunately it doesn't quite fall under the rules they've st for posting bugs.
    Poppycock.
    Balderdash.

Blatant bull****.

In short, that, is, a, BUG, because it means that "factioning" the planet plate is no longer working as the devs intended it to.

Unless you've posted the report, and actually had it denied, then it is a goddamn bug. Go f**king report it.
    If, somehow, you actually DID get a report denied, please provide PROOF.

I'll accept a Screenshot of the E-mail or Statement in the bug's tracker list showing that the dev team denied it.