Prerelease v0.200.250

Reaction score
    Wow. I am impressed. Nice work. Finally. As it is a prerelease I might even consider playing it, to finally outfit my ships with the new systems.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I have read a lot of "this was includet in order to prevent abuse of the enw power system", like the structural integrity or the new shield system.
    I dont know what to think of it.
    But in order to not Sound so negative, there is a lot of nice stuff to read as well, good job.

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    "
    Manual Turret aiming
    Turrets can now be set to manual aiming. They will then automatically try to align themselves with where the pilot of the mothership is looking at. This includes looking around while using right shift (or double tapping right shift to make it sticky). You can of course also fire your turrets in this mode with the new usable in your ."
    looks like a typo here.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Did you guys ever fix the problem of the ships becoming long sticks because of the new power system yet?

In any event more important bug to make note of, what about that annoying bug causing thrust, power, shields, etc to not display right and in some cases actually be a value it isn't suppose to be? It happening on single and multiplayer servers and is extremely game breaking. Also the less RAM you have and the laggier it is the more it loves you. >.>

Reaction score
    How exactly new shields will work with moving turrets?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    do replusers work yet? ive been trying to get them to work ever since they the power update dev builds started going up. they dont even have a texture yet. Im placing them on my ship and allocating thrust to them and yet they dont make my ship float above the ground.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    So what percentage of shields will the mothership supply to docked entities? I feel anything less than 100% could be exploited, allowing docked armor to give the mothership time to regenerate it's own shields.

Edit: 100% meaning the docked entity receives full shielding, but will also drain the mothership's shields when damaged. This keeps docked armor just as useful as plain armoring on the mothership.

Reaction score
    So what percentage of shields will the mothership supply to docked entities? I feel anything less than 100% could be exploited, allowing docked armor to give the mothership time to regenerate it's own shields.
    There is no longer any divide between shields on docked entities and mothership - they just project a radius protecting anything in it as long as it is on the same dock chain.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    There is no longer any divide between shields on docked entities and mothership - they just project a radius protecting anything in it as long as it is on the same dock chain.
    Thanks for the info!

Trying out of Pre build, I noticed repulsors only seem to push/pull properly when you are near aligned with a station (same up/down). If you're on the side of a station, you can tip to slightly drift forwards or backwards, but it is much weaker than if you're on top. Same applies for asteroids.

I've also noticed that the buttons for reverting, upgrading, and downgrading a chamber disappear after selecting and using the mass chamber (central gravity in this case).

Edit: Repulsors also work if you are aligned to an object's Y axis negatively.

Last edited:

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    When is it available to download? It is still saying that v0.199.654 is still the current version.

ReaperDie
    its on a separate download branch. Go to the lower left and side of the launcher and on the under the build type switch it to "pre" then select the latest version. Just be careful, this is still full of bugs and could cause problems so back up all your data or use a completely different install like me

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    its on a separate download branch. Go to the lower left and side of the launcher and on the under the build type switch it to "pre" then select the latest version. Just be careful, this is still full of bugs and could cause problems so back up all your data or use a completely different install like me

Thanks for the info!! Yeah i always backup lol

Reactions: Crimson-Artist

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Schema said:
    "Docks
    Docked reactors will switch off on docking and all power needed is drawn from the mothership. This means, that turrets cannot have any power reactors on their own when docked. We will change the behavior a bit more in the weapon update to increase performance in battle and to add more versatility to docks and turrets."
    Very nice.

Schema said:
    "Integrity
    This is a measure to prevent exploiting certain system shapes without constricting free building too much. This as well as local shields are to solve general problems that already existed in the old power system in one form or another, and would translate and persist on the new system without these measures."
    VERY NICE.

Glad to see steps have been taken against spaghetti.

I still can't say I like the balance of the new power system very much, though. The stabilizer mechanic continues to be terrible.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    A lot of great new features you got there. I still hate the stab mechanic though and will just have to run a custom block config untill they hopefully come to their senses.

Exozen

C-D SOLDIER
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I do not like the current Stabilizer distance mechanics, I do not like the way Integrity was done, both of these are poorly thought out, and could've been vastly improved upon... but they weren't... instead we are stuck with bad mechanics.

On another note: Why does Schema hate Thrust so much?
    • Why does it have to be in a large, single group?- Why are we punished for having multiple groups of Thrusters?
    • Why does it have such absurd power consumption?
    • Why does it have such poor acceleration?
    • Why does it have such harsh diminishing returns- when everything else scales linearly?

And why the hell does everything have to explode now days? Between Reactors and Systems, ships have become flying bombs.

Last edited:

The_Owl

Alpha is not an excuse
    Reaction score
    I like pretty much all of this, except for one part. Stabilizer distance.
    Why this still persists i don't know, but i hate having an arbitrary distance that you need to have to create an effective ship. Please, for the love of god, Replace it with something better.