Power update and the community content section

Reaction score
    While the designs/aesthetics may still be good, it would be nice to have a filter setting that excludes outdated ships ("include ships before update: yes/no") for the sake of newcomers and sanity.

Major system updates like the former turret update or the coming power thing would deserve such a filter (that should be set by default one month after the update or such)

G

GDPR 302420

While the designs/aesthetics may still be good, it would be nice to have a filter setting that excludes outdated ships ("include ships before update: yes/no") for the sake of newcomers and sanity.

Major system updates like the former turret update or the coming power thing would deserve such a filter (that should be set by default one month after the update or such)
    What about builds that are not becoming outdated such as logic circuits or empty hulls?

I have explained why time based filtering is unfair to community content creators in another thread, not every build from a previous time is automatically unusable because "X time has past"

Just use the search feature.

Reaction score
    Include ships before update yes/no I have a bit mixed feelings because it would be good and easy to implement, since you can say that all ships before update are considered old power and new ones new power. Would however confuse a bit with weapons update features in the future. Instead I think one could have an option to state the game version that was used when uploading the ship.

madman Captain

Self-appointet Overlord of the Scaffold
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Make an addional option for creators to declare their creations as updated for the new powersystem so the creators can deside itself if they want this. I mean this isnt needed in case of shells or logic stuff so we dosent need it there everytime but for normal builds this should be helpful.

Reaction score
    What about builds that are not becoming outdated such as logic circuits or empty hulls?

I have explained why time based filtering is unfair to community content creators in another thread, not every build from a previous time is automatically unusable because "X time has past"

Then updating the upload is practically no work at all, i could live with it...

Reaction score
    It doesnt need to be updated because it has not been made outdated in the first place
    then it will be a part of a very small group that could easily be found by using the search function.

Having ships from 2014 in the popular content section that (while still nice to look at if they spawn... has the chunk thing be fixed?) very probably will not work just isn't very newcomer friendly.

Reaction score

This would be great if we get it. Or a time based restriction search (exlude ships older than...)

madman Captain

Self-appointet Overlord of the Scaffold
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This would be great if we get it. Or a time based restriction search (exlude ships older than...)
    For what a timebased search? We always have a sorting category with the newest to oldest. I have worrys that people start to frequently "update" their ships Just to keep them relevant for such a search system.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Maybe authors could set how much of their build uses the new power system, affecting an Old Power Percent search option? If a mostly logic build has a couple old reactors on it, the author could put the content in a <10% Old Power category. There's room for abuse, of course.

Otherwise, I doubt anything with just a couple old logic blocks would be a nightmare to update.

Reaction score
    For what a timebased search? We always have a sorting category with the newest to oldest. I have worrys that people start to frequently "update" their ships Just to keep them relevant for such a search system.
    Thats what stars are for.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Just make it an optional search filter. If you're looking for a logic circuit or an empty hull it won't affect you. If you're looking for a working ship, a way to filter outdated items would be handy.

Reaction score

How does the search feature help find new system vs old system? Its not unfair to the creators at all. They dont make money off of community content do they?? Its a video game, christ.

Most builds WILL in fact be useless after the power update, unless there is a hidden trove of logic circuits and shells hiding somewhere in the community content section that outnumbers ALL the rest of the ships.

Reaction score
    you can search by submission date tho...
    Oh ok. I didnt notic the updated search option. Last time I use the cc-search this wasn't there. Nice to have it finally. =)

With this function it's a little reduntant to have something like the suggested new-power checkbox.

Reactions: Thingie