Power Overhaul Question: Revolving Logic Interactions and current modular ship designs

Reaction score
    To start off, i am a huge fan of using modularity in games. Stuff like logic blocks, docked entities on rail and the interaction between rails and logic is one of the favourite things in this game. I have seen the stream highlight as well as read the clarification threat that answered some frequent questions. Though, i have some questions myself that need answers.

First one:
    Is there an interaction with the chamber tree and logic systems? Can you make a logic system that swaps between reactors? If not, have you though of such system?

Second one:
    How would current modular ships work on the new update?

Currently, i have made a modular salvaging ship with 3 rotating entities docked to it and that mine anything in its way. It is put together by a logic system that i designed and seeing the new chamber tree, it makes me feel like focusing on such systems would be less efficient rather than just going for a chamber tree that has those upgrades. This is the same for systems such as the chain drive. (Note; some of these points might already been answered, if so, point me to the source! ! would gladly read/watch what you guys have to offer) I hope you could understand this, since im not so sure if i wrote everything correctly.

Best regards, sarisman84

Daro_Khan

Bearer of Truths
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    To start off, i am a huge fan of using modularity in games. Stuff like logic blocks, docked entities on rail and the interaction between rails and logic is one of the favourite things in this game. I have seen the stream highlight as well as read the clarification threat that answered some frequent questions. Though, i have some questions myself that need answers.

First one:
    Is there an interaction with the chamber tree and logic systems? Can you make a logic system that swaps between reactors? If not, have you though of such system?

Second one:
    How would current modular ships work on the new update?

Currently, i have made a modular salvaging ship with 3 rotating entities docked to it and that mine anything in its way. It is put together by a logic system that i designed and seeing the new chamber tree, it makes me feel like focusing on such systems would be less efficient rather than just going for a chamber tree that has those upgrades. This is the same for systems such as the chain drive. (Note; some of these points might already been answered, if so, point me to the source! ! would gladly read/watch what you guys have to offer) I hope you could understand this, since im not so sure if i wrote everything correctly.

Best regards, sarisman84
    I watched the stream. So to answer your first question is. No logic interaction yet, But they are indeed been thinking about. Maybe the ability to switch between reactors without having to use the menu (still switch time though) and maybe even changing direction of conduits for different chamber configurations. but again they are at the stage of testing effects first making the system solid before expanding into logic :P

About modular ships. The mothership Entity zero as you would call would be responsible for power and chambers. All docked entities should Leach from the mothership including its effects. How far you can link up the chain I do not know

Reaction score
    I watched the stream. So to answer your first question is. No logic interaction yet, But they are indeed been thinking about. Maybe the ability to switch between reactors without having to use the menu (still switch time though) and maybe even changing direction of conduits for different chamber configurations. but again they are at the stage of testing effects first making the system solid before expanding into logic :P

About modular ships. The mothership Entity zero as you would call would be responsible for power and chambers. All docked entities should Leach from the mothership including its effects. How far you can link up the chain I do not know
    Thank you for the response. I do hope that the devs will add a logic interaction since this will keep the creativity people have with logic systems and the such.

Reaction score
    The dev's mentioned in the stream, that they want to add more in-ship interaction possibilities with the chamber system. So that you can manage them without using the gui and ship-menue. This means that there might be buttons and computers that you can access out of astronaut mode. And I think if Shine is concerned about adding this interactivity they might also be concerned about cross connecting it to logic systems sooner or later.

I mean we allready had some combat logic possibilities in the old ships, where we could get a signal about the shield strength and power capacity. So I think they definitely will expand on this way.

Reaction score
    Lets hope so! Thank you for the information you provided! Lets hope for the better future of this game. :)

G

GDPR 302420

Schine has traditionaly been very resistant to the idea of using logic in ship systems as shown by their outwardly negative stance on logic drives.

I would not hold your breath if you are hoping for Schine to give users the ability to intergrate logic with chambers but I would hope something like this becomes possible in the near future.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Schine has traditionaly been very resistant to the idea of using logic in ship systems as shown by their outwardly negative stance on logic drives.

I would not hold your breath if you are hoping for Schine to give users the ability to intergrate logic with chambers but I would hope something like this becomes possible in the near future.
    isn't the biggest issue with it that they think it will be hard to balance? And after all they did make chaindrives a legit thing, balanced of course but it's ingame spoon.