power consumption and power output display

Reaction score
    This is a great game however there is one feature i have been dieing to have...over on the right side of the screen where the info is displayed throw in some ship info, specificaly how much power you are generating and how much power is being used. this would be very usefull for things like shields, cloaks, radar jammers to determin how much power you have stored or how close you are to your max power draw. we wouldnt need specifics just a simple # system like this..... power available: 10000 power used: 5000......... then you could determine that you have a buffer of 5000 units of power.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    this might actually be a nice feature to have in a later release with a newer UI layout, not sure ho well it may wtok out but it is Key Info every player should have on their ships, maybe it could go on a secondary view like the Tab player list so that you can check on the info regularly but not have it clutter your normal UI

Reaction score
    i never thought about being able to view it on a seperate screen like the tab function, but i like that idea very much. the reason i thought of this was because i was making a massive shield system and i couldnt figure out how much power i need to be able to run the shields and have a large enough buffer for the weapons.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    A detailed ship panel is planned for the new UI.
    Meanwhile you can press R on any power block (or shields) to get the stats.

Reaction score
    Well,i think the informations should be like dynamic screen/popup,it shouldnt be part of UI,instead of that,it should be a "Info Block,or holographic screen block" wich will be conected to the core,and it will display the informations when inside ship,or that block should display transparent models (blocks) thin ones,wich will be again in transparent way showing "like in cockpit"....but thats just on schema how he will do it and whats his idea... :)

Reaction score
    ?Was going to make a thread about this but found this one (maybe people should try looking for topics before they make another \"StarMade needs warp\" thread).

Anyway, I agree. Would be nice to see a .Supreme Commander/TA style power usage panel in the UI.

I\'ve often made ships that seem to produce far too much power at the expense of firepower or shields. Upon reducing power output and increasing the potency of other systems I find that I don\'t produce enough power.

With a more detailled input/output UI detailling power usage, problems like this can be avoided. It also means that ships can be more precisely engineered, with a perfect balance of power, resulting in better ship design.

Reaction score
    One idea which I had which could address these issues is the inclusion of a \'status computer\' which could give information on the current running of the ship. This would include the power drain of firing shots from cannons, maximum power and regeneration, how much drain modules such as cloaks and jammers would use when active and so on.