Power changes are ridiculous and broken

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    If you were paying attention, you would have noticed that they actually FIXED the broken power issues. People can't do what Artificer was describing anymore.
    Actually I wouldn't know. I quit for 2 months deleted the entire game only came back because it looked like they figured out what I was pointing out before leaving.

So starting everything from the beginning. Honestly, most of you should as well so you can see the difference in starting now vs in the past.
    My guess is most of you really don't care or want to do that.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Actually I wouldn't know. I quit for 2 months deleted the entire game only came back because it looked like they figured out what I was pointing out before leaving.

So starting everything from the beginning. Honestly, most of you should as well so you can see the difference in starting now vs in the past.
    The cargo system is not as limiting as you seem to think it is. You can fit an entire Isanth into just a tiny bit over 3 cargo crates, which sounds perfectly fine to me.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I haven't played in a little while as the server I was on kinda quit, and I had a very busy autumn!... But funny to read they have upped power... My last ship was crippled when they upped power consumption of weapons!... Looks like they are trying to balance stuff... Question is what is it balancing to, and should this be something they build in such away to let the server admin decide on rations, in order to drive the behaviour on their server?

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score

We start over on a monthly basis as servers die and enemies appear elsewhere. Having to put a few crates on our mining rigs doesn't really change anything about how we do it. If anything, it's easier than ever now that we can go out with a starter ship and make a station with our starting cash. Not to mention that power reactors and capacitors are the easiest major system blocks to make.

99% of the complaints were directed at how power regeneration was broken before the most recent hotfixes, and the other 1% were people complaining about needing to put stuff places. Everyone else I've seen has thought it to be awesome that we're finally getting things in order.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    The cargo system is not as limiting as you seem to think it is. You can fit an entire Isanth into just a tiny bit over 3 cargo crates, which sounds perfectly fine to me.
    You can fit an entire solar system in like.... 20x20x20 (or less)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You can fit an entire solar system in like.... 20x20x20 (or less)
    A full system, with one small planet and one medium planet can totally fit inside a 20*20*20 cargo area.
    Yet people are still running around being afraid of a few little cargo boxes.

As to the fixed new power cap at 2mil, you guys preemptively fixed my newer cargo ship! It really was at that not big enough to use bulk power blocks or reactors, but large enough that it needed over 1mil for its standard operating. I agree with how the balance is starting to work out.