Poseidon Cruiser

Reaction score
    I started building this ship a while ago and wanted to know what you guys think about it. It's far from completed, but I just want an oppinion about what is good and what can be done better. Here are some pictures:
    starmade-screenshot-0002.png

starmade-screenshot-0003.png

starmade-screenshot-0004.png

starmade-screenshot-0005.png

starmade-screenshot-0006.png

starmade-screenshot-0007.png

Attachments

Reactions: Scypio

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I love the piping. If I were to change the piping, it would be to make the red "strands" running down the "wings" either flush with the grey around it, or moved one block higher, so that it "echoed" the grey, while being above it. In either case, I would prefer to see the red wedges in line with the grey wedges and the red flats in line with the grey flats.

The gatling-looking turrets look great. The glass hallways look great and are a unique design idea. I would recommend one or two non-transparent cross-members across the glass roofs, to indicate strong, supporting structure to support stresses on the glass. The halls themselves have the supports, but the big room ceiling is a big slab-o-glass that looks a bit fragile.

The hallway looks great. I like how the white light bar along the red walls immediately call back to the surrounding white walls. I want to recommend a different color for the ceilings, but black is fine. Maybe simply a dark grey, keeping the fans and thruster decoration. as the lighter color to highlight.

All around the printed name "Poseidon", I would recommend building hidden lighting to the side of the word, to have the lighting hidden from outside the ship, but have the lights directly shine on the word to really let the game's lighting engine highlight it.

Reaction score
    I love the piping. If I were to change the piping, it would be to make the red "strands" running down the "wings" either flush with the grey around it, or moved one block higher, so that it "echoed" the grey, while being above it. In either case, I would prefer to see the red wedges in line with the grey wedges and the red flats in line with the grey flats.

The gatling-looking turrets look great. The glass hallways look great and are a unique design idea. I would recommend one or two non-transparent cross-members across the glass roofs, to indicate strong, supporting structure to support stresses on the glass. The halls themselves have the supports, but the big room ceiling is a big slab-o-glass that looks a bit fragile.

The hallway looks great. I like how the white light bar along the red walls immediately call back to the surrounding white walls. I want to recommend a different color for the ceilings, but black is fine. Maybe simply a dark grey, keeping the fans and thruster decoration. as the lighter color to highlight.

All around the printed name "Poseidon", I would recommend building hidden lighting to the side of the word, to have the lighting hidden from outside the ship, but have the lights directly shine on the word to really let the game's lighting engine highlight it.
    Thank you very much for your feedback! There are for sure some ideas that I can and will use.