Portions of ships and stations vanishing after relogging on multiplayer server

Reaction score
    We've had an issue lately where massive portions of ships and stations seem to 'revert' to previous stages when one logs in and out again. For example, just a few minutes ago on NASS, I realized that the game was bugging out and I was not colliding with blocks, but clipping through them, so I relogged. When I logged back in, most of the station plstform I was working on was gone. Not the things I had placed on the station recently, but entire sections of the platform itself that I placed many hours ago were gone. Another example - last night we spent a lot of time and effort building up and adding features to hangars in a pregenerated station that we claimed as our home base. This morning, I continued working on my hangar, but relogged when the server crashed, and my hangar (and only my hangar) in the station had reset to the same state it was in not long after we discovered it - reset so much that the walls were still damaged from an accident with a missile from before we had actually reclaimed it. Over the next few hours, things reverted to and from the 'correct' version, undoing most of the work.
    Do I need to upload logs or the like here? The sooner this gets fixed the better, because we've lost stations, ships, and many hours of work to this bug.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    the areas in red describe walls missing since last night
    this is an area = to tens of thousands of blocks

Doomsider

Server scriptologist
    Reaction score
    Yes I have had this happen to a ship as well when I logged back in. This is a picture of the ship that got cut in half compared to a regular ship

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    hmm, very odd. Are you all playing on the same server? I need the logs of the server machine where this is happening. A bug like this is critical. I\'ll do my best to fix this as fast as possible.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Travbro and grimzod are both on the NASS server. Another bug that just showed up is that ships can only spawn now if you use the default name for it.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Bug has been identified. For some reason the re-usable file streams i use to write segment (reusing for performance) got closed, and most of the segment didn\'t get saved at that time.
    A server restart will remove the problem. I\'ll investigate how it happen and what to do to prevent it from happening again.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Stations and ship that vanished before that restart might be lost. I\'m very sorry :(
    I\'ll work hard to never let that happen again

Doomsider

Server scriptologist
    Reaction score
    We all really appreciate your decdication and hardwork! This is just a game and we are all having fun so don\'t stress :)

Reaction score
    This error ocurred to a medium/large ship I was building on a multimplayer server some time ago...

Now I was working on a station near my home planet in single player and while inserting a block of Turret Docking Unit on the station the game freezed in a black screen (ctrl+alt+del was not working either) and I restarted the machine...

After restarted the game I noticed tha some of the repair made to one of my ships were reverted and 3 more weirdest of weirds things:

1. A small chunck off hull was missing from the front of my repaired ship and a small piece of White Hardened Hull Wedge apeared from nowhere in a position that had nothing before...

2. One off the walls of the station disappeared, not a cubic chunck but a wall, rounded in the middle of other blocks and structures.

3. The Turret Docking Unit and its Enchancers all disapeared (I was putting then so understandable that they vanished after the crash)

Some more analisys:

- The error happened on single and multiplayer for me.

- The ship and the station were both edited some time before the crash and they both were reverted/damaged/edited(?).

- All the constructions affected by this error for me had a lot of Turret Docking Units/Enchancers. Epecially the station wich was a cube with 4 docks each side (24 turrets).

- All the constructions were made using the advanced build mode with symetry. (for the station I used the 3 axis symetry and odd option).

- All the buildings were somewhere near a Planet and somewere near the border of their sectors (my first ship only reverted its changes and was docked 300/350 blocks high on a planet, the second case the station and the ship were on a neibor sector of my home planet near de border).

sorry for the huge text, hope it help in something...

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    It probably loaded from the most recent save. Seeing as it didnt close correctly it didn\'t have time to autosave.