Portal Guns in Starmade?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    You know how Portal 2 ends? (NO SPOLIERS IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED IT) Have fun making a mod that adds a Portal Gun from that game that actually makes portals that allow to go from one place to another without the trouble of traveling there in a ship and possibly getting killed by pirates and having to start all over, The price for the portal gun would have to be a fair price for any new players to use, So yeah, if you make a mod that has something that actually can allow you to go thru a portal and end up at the other portal and vise versa just like in the Valve Software Portal series, If you make a portal gun from that series I'll give you full credit and also make sure that you have this mod installed SERVER OWNERS cause this mod will change the way to travel forever if the mod comes out, Also I would like to see some other interesting gun mods out there

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I don't know what it adds above Warp-Gates and Jump-Drives or Teleporters for players.

Let's get a working hyper-drive first ^^.

Reaction score
    I don't know what it adds above Warp-Gates and Jump-Drives or Teleporters for players.

Let's get a working hyper-drive first ^^.
    Technically what I am saying is that the Portal Gun I want would be a gun that shoots portals from Portal 2 and those portals can be accessed from either portal and it also should limit how many portals you can place with the gun by only 2 portals can be placed just like in the game, Also I just want to mention, There should be the ability to calibrate Warp drives and warp gates to be able to teleport anything from an distance all the way to the other linked gate

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    You sound a bit young to be playing a game rated E 10.

Also no, this suggestion makes zero sense to be in starmade.

Reactions: Captain_Stripes
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Im a big fan of portal, my favorite game to date. But I feel no way at all a portal gun should make its way into the vanilla version of starmade. Not only does that belong to a different universe entirely, but the issue of balancing such an item, especially a handheld meta item and game play mechanics ect. just sounds horrible.

If someone wants to make a mod and add it to the game, thats their thing. But we haven't seen much modding for starmade and we probably wont see any much more until the game is complete.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    But...But...why even?
    He wants "free multi-sector teleporters" to what you can shoot from your position.
    Teleporters you don't have to setup.

Makes TPs obsolete except for selecting enclosed interior-rooms.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    He wants "free multi-sector teleporters" to what you can shoot from your position.
    Teleporters you don't have to setup.

Makes TPs obsolete except for selecting enclosed interior-rooms.
    That would just be overpowered even if was only for astronauts

Reaction score
    You sound a bit young to be playing a game rated E 10.

Also no, this suggestion makes zero sense to be in starmade.
    SHUSH, I am over the rated suggestion as well(You should note I am a teenager)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452126203,1452126086][/DOUBLEPOST]
    That would just be overpowered even if was only for astronauts
    Well, it would be for those who are lazy gamers who like to travel without having to travel long distances

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    SHUSH, I am over the rated suggestion as well(You should note I am a teenager)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452126203,1452126086][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Well, it would be for those who are lazy gamers who like to travel without having to travel long distances
    Use what we have that does almost the exact same thing but with a limited range ._.
    Warp gates and jump drives are there for a reason.

If you want a portal gun then ask someone to mod it in

Reaction score
    Portals are not a stable feature. They still require testing
    With a bit of fixing, You can easily get it fixed up and be able to go thru a portal and come out another portal in a whole nother system or galaxy
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452126485,1452126297][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Use what we have that does almost the exact same thing but with a limited range ._.
    Warp gates and jump drives are there for a reason.

If you want a portal gun then ask someone to mod it in
    Ok, Also one thing I want to note is that the Warp gates and Jump drives take forever to set up properly and could potentially not work in the end after you finished making one or the other, but in the game portal, there is no limit to where and how far the portals are from each other

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    With a bit of fixing, You can easily get it fixed up and be able to go thru a portal and come out another portal in a whole nother system or galaxy
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452126485,1452126297][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Ok, Also one thing I want to note is that the Warp gates and Jump drives take forever to set up properly and could potentially not work in the end after you finished making one or the other, but in the game portal, there is no limit to where and how far the portals are from each other
    I wonder why it takes so long time to set them up, it couldn't possibly have something to do with balancing the game? naaaah that can't possibly be just because of that.
    And of course the warpgates dont work if you don't set them up correctly with enough power and such.
    There is no need for a portal gun, a portal gun possibly never happen.
    We have warp gates that works fine for long travel if you know how to make them, jump drives for shorter travel that is even easier to set up, and then we have the teleporters for entity to entity travel in the same sector.
    You have those 3 options.

Reaction score
    I wonder why it takes so long time to set them up, it couldn't possibly have something to do with balancing the game? naaaah that can't possibly be just because of that.
    And of course the warpgates dont work if you don't set them up correctly with enough power and such.
    There is no need for a portal gun, a portal gun possibly never happen.
    We have warp gates that works fine for long travel if you know how to make them, jump drives for shorter travel that is even easier to set up, and then we have the teleporters for entity to entity travel in the same sector.
    You have those 3 options.
    It might since a Portal gun from Portal & Portal 2 would have no limit to how far away you place the portals from each other
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452127823,1452127399][/DOUBLEPOST]
    XD lol

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    It might since a Portal gun from Portal & Portal 2 would have no limit to how far away you place the portals from each other
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452127823,1452127399][/DOUBLEPOST]
    XD lol
    Yeah it would only completely ruin the balance in the game, no problem there.

Reaction score
    Yeah it would only completely ruin the balance in the game, no problem there.
    But also bring fun to trolls if there are any trolls but The Portal Gun would make traveling much easier for Players and also navigate around the area more easily

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ok, what if this protal-gun makes it in, but you require admin commands to use it?

Oh wait! The portal-admin command already exists!
    I wonder if there is a way to print a target's position to STD:eek:ut. Then you can easily write a shell-script to parse that data and insert your admin commands into STD:in.
    (Standard input/output of a program).

With this, server admins set up Warps before the official Warp-Gates where implemented.
    And the game has a jump command to get close to an object behind your cursor.