"Popular Content" is not relative based on time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Its pretty straight forward, we need an overhaul for what decides what is "popular" and not.

At the very least it needs to account for age of said content. New patches beak ships constantly and not having a relevant way for players to find well like content that is relevant to current patches is bad.

It might not affect me directly considering I keep most of my work private, but we really need a breath of life to the community content and to get new visitors looking at more relevant ships to the current state of the game.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I think I suggested something awhile ago,maybe a side tab on community content page,with "top 15 of the week" and "top 15 of the month" that you can choose from,calculated on the number of downloads/likes it got during 1 week/1 month

Reaction score
    Very good suggestion. Not to be insulting or anything like that, SkylordLuke but your 1.5 year old Infinity build, while cool, is, well, old.

So are your other 2 top-five placers from CC.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    An algorithm that would introduce age into the determination for popular content on CC would be nice. I just wonder how updates to builds would affect that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    It might just suffice to have a "Version" filter. That way you can just view stuff that is up to date with the current version, or whatever version your using.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    It might just suffice to have a "Version" filter. That way you can just view stuff that is up to date with the current version, or whatever version your using.
    Nah that'd be very unreliable especially in regards to popularity. It's not so much about being up to date but more about that certain creations have been in the spotlight for too long, creating a vicious circle of 5-star ratings keeping them so high up.

Besides that system wouldn't be any easier to implement than a time limit.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    poor zeno
    but yeah it needs to be somewhat like what steam is using for artwork and such

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Can we get any kind of update or response that SMD is aware of this issue? I would rather this thread not take the same fate as poor Zeno9141 's.