PLZ HELP MEH

Reaction score
    I am having issues with my HP laptop, its windows 8.1 and has an intel graphics card. i have updated all of the drivers (even non-graphics drivers) and starmade is still crashing when it loads to 100%. HELP ME PLEASE!

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I am having a similar issue. Brand new laptop, Nvidia graphics card (all updated drivers), HP with windows 8.1. Reinstalling game currently to see if that helps.

edit: That didnt work...

Last edited:

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    HP seems to require the Java Development Kit 8u25 to work.
    They seem have messed up something with their drivers.
    They dont fully work with JRE only.

Jzimmerman:
    Also make sure you add "javaw.exe" to run with GPU in your nvidia control center

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10

Jzimmerman:
    Also make sure you add "javaw.exe" to run with GPU in your nvidia control center

- Andy
    Thank you so much!!!!!

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10

Jzimmerman:

- Andy
    I must say... Whilst I believe you it doesn't looks good for you to keep saying when something goes wrong that it is always the Hardware's fault. I know nothing about making video games but I know about marketing and constantly shifting the blame gets obvious after a while, even if it is actually true.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    I must say... Whilst I believe you it doesn't looks good for you to keep saying when something goes wrong that it is always the Hardware's fault. I know nothing about making video games but I know about marketing and constantly shifting the blame gets obvious after a while, even if it is actually true.
    Well, we have a LOT of players without problems.
    So far only HP notebooks and HP computers with Intel video cards that do not allow installing the latest Intel driver seem to keep crashing on startup at 100%,
    EXACTLY at the point where the outdated Intel Drivers on other computers crash prior to updating them.

Interesting fact that came up whilst doing support:
    Quite a few drivers require the Java Development Kit (JDK) to fully support OpenGL instead of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to allow a normal operation for starmade.
    This appears to be an error on compiling/linking the driver library, thats a fact NOT on our end.

I bet its possible to avoid the problematic function set,
    but why should the game development avoid them when >90% of the drivers support their declared functions and a small set of manufacturers (especially those with custom hardware to reduce the price) DO NOT adjust the driver to have a workaround for the missing GPU functions their reduced price chips have?

- Andy

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Well, we have a LOT of players without problems.
    So far only HP notebooks and HP computers with Intel video cards that do not allow installing the latest Intel driver seem to keep crashing on startup at 100%,
    EXACTLY at the point where the outdated Intel Drivers on other computers crash prior to updating them.

Interesting fact that came up whilst doing support:
    Quite a few drivers require the Java Development Kit (JDK) to fully support OpenGL instead of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to allow a normal operation for starmade.
    This appears to be an error on compiling/linking the driver library, thats a fact NOT on our end.

I bet its possible to avoid the problematic function set,
    but why should the game development avoid them when >90% of the drivers support their declared functions and a small set of manufacturers (especially those with custom hardware to reduce the price) DO NOT adjust the driver to have a workaround for the missing GPU functions their reduced price chips have?

- Andy
    I agree. I'm just saying that I am having issues convincing my friends that it is an issue on the hardware side not the software side. I will quote this post to them. Thanks. :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1419637904,1419637743][/DOUBLEPOST]Edit: I've been having issues updating the drivers for my Acer Aspire V5 with Intel Pentium I can't find a way to update because the Intel website was designed by the Anti-christ, Hitler, Stalin and Code }{atch or something. :(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I am getting this issue again. Played StarMade last night and everything ran perfectly fine. Tried playing today and it crashes at 100%, literally didnt do anything on my laptop inbetween. Tried restarting my computer and creating a newstarmade file but that didnt work. I have a nvidia Graphics card so its not an intel problem like it usually is and my driver is up to date. Not sure what else I can do to get it to work.

Edit: Looks like I figured it out, something weird with my driver.

Last edited: