Plex Door Wedges

Reaction score
    I've seen just about every other idea for Plex Doors, but for the love of all things holy. I...constantly find myself trying to make diagonal doors.

(Which look really ugly considering I can't use any type of wedge, or it defeats the purpose of being a door.)

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    This has been suggested SOOOOO many times. Answer is always "Not important" "A useless block" etc

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I would rather have more hull colors honestly. A full 16 color spectrum.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would like hull with door-overlay (like resources) = door.
    Glass = force field...
    But this would take up 2 bit.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Devs, just add the goddamn plexdoor wedges already. Tons of people have requested them for a long time, it shouldn't matter that one or two people don't think they are "important". It would take probably like 30 seconds to add them to the vanilla game config.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    What if:
    DOOR_ID = ###​
    Instead of
    <Block Name="PlexDoor" .... Function="Door">​
    like you seem to assume?

Reaction score
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Devs, just add the goddamn plexdoor wedges already. Tons of people have requested them for a long time, it shouldn't matter that one or two people don't think they are "important". It would take probably like 30 seconds to add them to the vanilla game config.
    There is only so much they can add. Again, the question of limited block id's come into play. It would be cool, yes, but they might have something more important (like the new jump drive blocks) planned.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    There is only so much they can add. Again, the question of limited block id's come into play. It would be cool, yes, but they might have something more important (like the new jump drive blocks) planned.
    Limited block ID's. PFFFFT. They keep on adding stuff in huge amounts. They recently added like every color of glass in every shape.

I don't think plexdoor wedges would really make that much of a difference.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    what about glass plex doors? I would use the hell out of thoughs

Last edited:
    Reactions: kupu
    Reaction score
    what about glass plex doors? I would use the hell out of thought
    Sounds like a good idea, but we have so many wants (colored doors, armoured doors, glass doors) that we might need a poll to see what is most requested.

@Zeno9141 Yeah, you're right there actually. I should shut up, I'm usually the type to request more blocks.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I do really want this, but I am sort of on the side of the people who say we need to conserve block ID's we do only have 2048, and we are in too the 500's with the new FTL stuff.

Just something to think about

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    It's not that we don't want them, nor that we find them useless, nor is it a case of unavailable ID's.

Currently it is not as simple to place them in as other blocks. However we do it, it would require more effort / team members than adding other block types ie; glass.

Working on the Universe and FTL content is the priority right now, as i'm sure you understand. Don't feel too neglected :)

Limited block ID's. PFFFFT. They keep on adding stuff in huge amounts. They recently added like every color of glass in every shape.
    Of course we do. Adding blocks that should be in the game is not the problem. Adding every suggestion simply because we could will rapidly cut into the reserve. However you already understand that, so try not to poke us for it. :P

Reactions: Rhyssia

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    It's not that we don't want them, nor that we find them useless, nor is it a case of unavailable ID's.

Currently it is not as simple to place them in as other blocks. However we do it, it would require more effort / team members than adding other block types ie; glass.

Working on the Universe and FTL content is the priority right now, as i'm sure you understand. Don't feel too neglected :)

Of course we do. Adding blocks that should be in the game is not the problem. Adding every suggestion simply because we could will rapidly cut into the reserve. However you already understand that, so try not to poke us for it. :p
    Why not add the smaller, frequently requested features to the bug trackers feature bit? That way, when schema gets some time, it's there to remind him :)

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive

Of course we do. Adding blocks that should be in the game is not the problem. Adding every suggestion simply because we could will rapidly cut into the reserve. However you already understand that, so try not to poke us for it. :p
    I didn't intend to poke you peoples :p
    I just wanted to make clear one block would not make much of a difference in the storm of cool blocks that gets released upon us every update.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Currently block rotation is pretty much broken.

Computer blocks rotated their screen to top will have their "keyboard" left, not to rear.
    Gravity blocks which are turned 3-4 times show on two different sides 2 different gravity directions (wrong turned faces).

I would want computers as wedges :) Would add so much as you are not standing in front of a wall...

And the character view-point moved 1/2 or 1 block higher (currently the view-point is in your chest).

If you view-point "crawls" 1.2m above ground, blocks look larger as they are = makes the game even blockier.

Reaction score
    I would rather have more hull colors honestly. A full 16 color spectrum.
    According to NeoSturm a 16 color spectrum will cause lag.
    But then anything will cause lag.
    Here's another way to do a 16 color spectrum, Neo, if you are reading this
    Instead of colors what about a 16-color spectrum giant picture in the data file, and the block has a value of say, 160 and 448, then the game picks up that pixel from the spectrum sheet, and then overlays that pixel color with the normal hull texture? How much lag would THAT cause?

Last edited:

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    I was under the impression that colors were based on some sort of meta data similar to Minecraft. I mean honestly, schema is kicking ass in terms of what he can accomplish. How exactly would it be so bad to incorporate more colors into the games hull blocks?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It all depends on how you use your data.

1st You need so few color information that 1000*500*300 * 3byte = 450 MB blocks don't eat your memory.

@Vanhelzing Currently colors are based on block texture which is based on block ID. My PC lags with blocks >128px

Reaction score
    It all depends on how you use your data.

1st You need so few color information that 1000*500*300 * 3byte = 450 MB blocks don't eat your memory.

@Vanhelzing Currently colors are based on block texture which is based on block ID. My PC lags with blocks >128px
    What happens with my suggestion?:3