Please Disagree With My Own Review About Starmade

Reaction score
    The good thing about this forum is the List button. If the List button had it's own like button, I would click it :).

Basically, if someone disagrees with you, you can press the list button, find out who it was and ask a pointed question about why they disagree, but in many cases this is unnecessary if their counterpoint is already made elsewhere in the thread.

Reactions: kiddan

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    This isn't actually a review at all... I lied.

I said that just because i'm frustrated with how people disagree. I'm not claiming to be *in the right* either. A problem i'm having, is that I'm still trying to understand my frustration, and I've yet to reconcile it. So it's entirely possible that there is no argument to be had here. It's just expression. Me, shouting in the void.

There are reasons for people disagreeing, Some of which are valid. But I guess there's just something upsetting for me when people just say "no" and nothing more than that. Which is why I sometimes hate seeing the "disagree" button; even if it is there for any good reason.

I'm hard-pressed to understand the flaws in my ideas, and I don't get any of that from the public. I consider disagreeing important. But then, I end up not learning anything. I give myself more valuable feedback than the entire public it feels like.

In this case, it weakens my desire to collaborate on ideas. It seems people would rather discourage an idea than to problem solve. The result that I may often get, is that *something is wrong, because it is wrong*. And I don't learn from that kind of lesson.

I guess... this mostly boils down to me having difficulty engaging in curiosity, in a public setting. I understand that giving useful feedback is difficult, and that my personal struggle might just be the natural way of things. What do I do? Nothing of course, carry on as I always have.
    Eh, the bait and switch clickbait title is off-putting, and this could have been better posted in off topic. :(

As for the disagree button, the same could be said for any of the "vote" choices. It's like, I just wrote a page long blurb on something, and "creative!!!" doesn't help with anything.

We're generally our own worst critics, so it's not surprising that you feel you're giving yourself better critique. You're actually trying to find the flaws in your ideas, where as others are often simply looking to disagree, whether they actually are trying to poke holes in your idea or your idea vaguely threatens their worldview on something, they will often not give you the critique you're looking for. Such is life.

It shouldn't weaken your resolve to collaborate though. Someone's 20 page dissertation on "why the power 2.0 system is wrongheaded" is different from "hey guys I'm looking for some help creating a mcguffin". If you're actually working on a creative idea, and ask for help, you should (hopefully) get like minded (or reasonably so) people responding. Of course you will probably get others responding just cause, but that doesn't mean you cannot drag positive responders into a PM group to continue positive discussion. But then, that's taking it private. That may be what you need to do, in the end.

Reactions: Dr. Whammy
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Meh. Cursor hovers over funny, then clicks disagree.

Heads of to the Chat page...